𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Layla screamed jumping on top of Leilani

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Layla screamed jumping on top of Leilani. Leilani groaned at that and threw a pillow at her, causing Layla to fall off the bed laughing.

"Come on Lani! You're the big sixteen! And it's tournament day, two things to be hyped up about." Layla said as she pulled Leilani out of bed. The day for the tournament was finally here and Layla couldn't be any more nervous. Tonight could go in so many different directions it gave her a headache thinking about it. But she tried to push those thoughts aside and focus on Leilani's birthday, which was the much more important event at the moment.

"Finally you can't use the im older thing anymore! We're the same age!" Leilani cheered.

"Lani, honey, that's not how it works. Technically I'm still older because I turn seventeen before you."

"Fuck!"

"Come on. Everyone's waiting in the living room." Layla and Leilani made their way to the living room, where confetti soon erupted.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone screamed. Leilani chuckled and walked to give Maverick a hug.

"Ow! It got in my eye!" Dante exclaimed as he wiped his eye.

"Don't do that you moron, you'll irritate it more." Kailee huffed as she helped her younger brother out.

"Happy birthday Lani." Quinn said hugging Leilani. She hugged back and Layla smiled before walking beside her dad.

"I remember you did this for me when i turned fourteen." Layla mentioned.

"Hey, this is a valid tradition."

"Whatever. You're cleaning up all the confetti though."

"Say what?"

"Alright! Where's the birthday girl?" Johnny exclaimed barging in Laylas apartment holding a beer and a candle in his hand.

"I'm here!" Leilani replied moving over to walk towards Johnny.

"Alright Carter number 2, I got you this beer. Technically you can't have it for another five years but I figured you could start early."

"What the shit?" Maverick yelled.

"Awesome!" Leilani cheered before taking a sip. Mavericks jaw dropped and he glared at Johnny with hatred. Layla was also shocked, but she didn't look as mad as her dad did at the moment.

"Alright that's enough. Cant have you drunk at the tournament." Johnny took the beer away from Leilani and chugged it before throwing it out.