𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵

Something good was finally coming out of Laylas life

She was leaving the hospital. Her dad had brought her a change of clothes and some food and she was getting changed in the bathroom ready to leave this hospital. The nurses were all wishing her goodbyes as she slipped on her slippers (image above) but Layla didn't have the energy in her to respond. Maverick did it for her, thanking the doctors and nurses for everything they did to help Layla.

To be honest she was still torn up about her fight with Leilani and how she was slowly going down the wrong path. Leilani didn't even realize she was being manipulated and it was pissing Layla off. Hawk and Kreese were using Leilani and she didn't know.

"You're quiet." Maverick commented as they were driving home. He was driving super slow, trying to not cause any problems with Layla. Because of her brain damage, she's been having migraines and nausea these past few days so Maverick didn't want to trigger anything. The last thing he needed was Layla screaming and throwing up because of the pain.

"J-Just thinking." She said as she leaned her head against the window.

"This about Leilani?" Layla nodded.

"She'll come around. Kreese has been getting into her head lately." Maverick shrugged as if the problem was solved immediately. Leilani used to be this sweet girl who actually cared about people and their feelings, now she was mean and bitter didn't care for anyone. Just the other day Demetri was telling her over text how Leilani and Hawk jumped Nate to get money for Miguel and Layla. Layla was furious and went on a whole texting spree.

Leilani never responded.

Technically speaking the only person who should be angry in this case is Layla. She was the one with brain damage. She was the one who could never be able to do karate again. Leilani was trying to be a good person, but in the worse ways possible. As soon as Layla got home she walked straight into her room and shut the door, not saying a word to Maverick. She felt bad, but she had a headache and needed to be alone with her thoughts.

Looking around her room, it was as if she never left. Her bed was made, some of her clothes were sprawled out on the ground, her tv remote was laying under a pile of clothes. Seeing this made Layla smile softly, remembering all the happy memories she had before.....it happened.

All her memories.

Flashback:
"Your room is literally so cool!" Miguel exclaimed as he was watching tv. He came over a few minutes ago to borrow his phone charger back but since then he's been chilling in her room watching tv.

"I know. I should design rooms when I'm older?"

"That's a career?" Miguel asked and Layla rolled her eyes smirking.

"Yeah Mig, I'm pretty sure that's a career. I just don't know what it's called." Layla fell on her bed landing right next to Miguel.

"What do you wanna do?"