𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘃𝘀 𝗻𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲

Layla Carter opened her eyes

They were wide with fear and confusion as she she staring at the ceiling, wires connected to her body so she can barley move. Her head was pounding, and why the hell did it hurt to breath?

She tried to take in breaths but each time she did it felt like someone was punching her in the ribs over and over again. Her throat was scratchy and dry and she needed some water as soon as possible.

"H-Hey." Layla croaked when she saw a nurse walk by her room. The nurse spun around and ran inside the room, looking over her.

"Layla, can you hear me?"  The nurse asked.

"Where am I? What h-happened?" She asked looking around the room confused.

"You're in the hospital. You were in an accident the first day of school. Do you remember anything from that day?"

Flashback:
"I saw what happened. You kissed Miguel."

"You should really choose your words wisely Carter." Bella sent a kick to Laylas face knocking her down.

"LAYLA! SOMEONE HELP HER!" Sam screamed as she was blinded by the tears that were rolling down her face.

"A little." Layla replied after a while.

"Good. You hit your head pretty hard, so I'd expected you to have no memory of that day."

Layla had so many questions.

How long was she in a coma for?

Where was her dad and Leilani?

What happened after the fight?

Was Sam ok?

Can she ever do karate again?

"Your dad has already been contacted and is on his way. Don't worry, you're ok now?"

"H-How long was I l-like this for?" Layla asked.

"Two weeks."

"I-I've been in here for t-two weeks?" Layla questioned as her eyes widened again.

"Yup. Don't worry though, you'll be out of here soon enough. For now, get some rest and wait for your dad and the doctors to arrive." Layla nodded and the nurse checked her vitals one more time before walking out of the room. The only sound she could hear were the footsteps of the doctors walking down the hall and the heart monitor which was right next to her. Looking around, Layla saw a bunch of flowers, cards and gifts from all different types of people.

One noticeably from Sam.

She reached for the card and opened it, revealing a few sentences and a photo of them at their first date together.

Get well soon babe. Here's a photo to hopefully make you feel happier when you wake up from your coma. I'm sorry for everything that happened.