Second Semester's Start

The next half hour or so was a blur to you, surrounding two new pieces of plastic you obtained. Well, in fact, you could barely even watch the rest of the provisional exam. You just took note of the occasional development, like the structures in the arena collapsing in a mimicry of a large scale terrorist attack.

  In fact, it wasn't that you were skipping this portion of the exam. No, it was that you helped in the event that this exam was based off of: the Camino Ward battle between All Might and his arch nemesis.

You sat in the Foundation vehicle that brought you here, back in your normal school clothes as you stared unendingly at the two cards you had.

"Hey... what does Thaumiel mean?" You asked, putting a finger tip to your earpiece.

"It is a designation given to anomalies who help the Foundation in some way. While you're not quite an anomaly yourself... you very much fit the bill in all other ways." You were assured.

"I see." You reached into a pocket, taking out your wallet. The Provisional Hero License was out in an open spot, where you could simply flash the card to a doubting cop, and the Foundation ID was slipped into a sleeve, where you could take it out for whatever reason it would ever be needed.

"How's the examination going?" You asked, finally putting both cards away.

"It is nearing it's conclusion. I will make sure to alert you when it ends, and you can go to the field to see how your classmates have fared." The voice told you.

"Okay, okay. Thanks." You responded, sitting back as you looked at the small screen you were provided to get a birds eye view of the exam. Todoroki and one of the Shiketsu(rival school) kids had just finished an attack on the Pro Hero Gang Orca(who was helping with the exam), which resembled a fiery tornado. Midoriya zipped in for an attack, and before he could follow up...

  BWAAAAAAMPH

  A horn sounded, ending the exam.

  "Oh, it seems they're done." You remarked.

  "Indeed. Please give them a moment to change and prepare for the results, then you may join them." The voice in your earpiece informed you.

  "Of course."

  "YYYY/NNN!" As soon as you got within walking distance of the crowd gathered around a large TV screen to view their results, Ashido was running at you, grabbing your shoulders.

  "I DIIIID IIT!" She shouted, shaking you back and forth.

  "I GOT MY LIIICEEENSSE!" She let you go after a solid thirty seconds of nonstop shaking to throw her arms up in celebration.

  "I... knew you would." You stumbled for a bit, unable to keep up with Ashido's energy.

  "No doubt in my mind."

  "Wait! Y/n! This means we can make an official team, you and me! Imagine the possibilities!" Ashido stopped shouting for a moment to slip beside you, holding her arm out in front of you both.

  "The Acidic Pair. The Corrosive Couplet. The..."

  "Okay, let's chill out for a moment. One step at a time. We may be official heroes, but only in times of crisis. When we're an agency, we can focus on names." You told her.

  "You got it!" Ashido planted a very loud, extended kiss on your cheek before lightly giggling at you and running back to the rest of your class, some of which had watched the interaction with interested or surprised looks.

  "So... who else..." You approached the tv screen, browsing the list of names. It appeared to be in syllabary order, so...

  "Hold on..." You browsed the list again, noting each name. Todoroki and Bakugo were... not... there?