The Roaring Sports Festival

Holy fuck, guys. Here's your chapter, just take it.

Two weeks seemed to pass in a flash. Between school and exercise, you had only as much time as you were promised to yourself.

You would've preferred to spend this with people from school, have a nice bite out at some cafe or something, but the exercise was brutal, forcing you to take the time for sleeping or taking extended breaks.

All complaints aside, the day had come.

The school's security was increased tenfold, as evidenced by the several checks people had to go through before entering campus, and the several gates that stood at the entrance. You had managed your way through the tight security, and made your way to the locker room, where you swiftly changed, before going to the waiting room. There, you were silently pumping yourself up for the events.

There's three events, all randomly chosen. The first two are designed to weed out whoever is best in certain circumstances, and the last of them is some tournament style fighting. You looked up at your classmates, who were gathered around Todoroki and Midoriya.

With a system like that, I'm just as likely to face a reject from a class like business studies as I am Bakugo or Todoroki. No matter what, I have to be on guard. You looked at your hands, keeping track of your 'quirks' abilities.

Claws and tail... best for maneuvering and close combat. Inner jaw.... too powerful for human opponents. I'd kill someone with it, not an option. Blood is also not an option, it's too uncontrollable. That's it, really. You let out a small hiss of dissatisfaction, before looking up at those around you, who began to look at you, some startled, some simply weirded out.

  "What?" You asked accusingly. They quickly looked away, letting you think to yourself.

  "Y/n." You looked up at Todoroki, who was looking down at you as you sat.

  "What is it?" You asked, standing up. He looked you up and down, before speaking.

  "Same as I said to Midoriya. Objectively, I'm stronger than you, even if you have some private company backing you. Know that if we face each other in battle, I will not hold back against you." He told you. You simply rolled your eyes, sitting back down.

  "Is that supposed to make me feel special?" You asked, drawing some reactions of surprise from the others. You didn't look at Todoroki as you continued.

  "Of course I expect you not to hold back on me. Neither do I expect Midoriya, or Bakugo, or Ashido, or Iida, or anyone else in this class, for that matter. Hell, I'm not gonna hold back on any one of you either, why shouldn't you do the same?" You asked. When he didn't respond, you let out a huff.

  I kinda have to hold back to not kill anyone, but...

  "Don't waste my time with redundant chatter." You warned him. This time, you looked up at him, as he narrowed his eyes at you.

  "...yeah..." You might be crazy, but you could've sworn you caught a hint of approval in that single word.

  "It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!" Present Mic shouted out. You, and the rest of the class were slowly walking out of a tunnel, for dramatic effect. Thousands-nay, Millions of eyes were on you as you stepped into the sunlit grass of the field alongside the other 19 students of Class 1-A. The cheers alone were deafening enough.

  "Here they are! The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with Hearts of Steel! Hero Course, Class 1-A!" Present Mic announced your arrival to the crowds, who began cheering loudly for you all.