Look Around, Look Alive

It was another few days of steady recovery before you could walk again, and another two weeks of constant quirk-assisted therapy after that before you could be in any condition to fight again. In the meantime...

"Try again. You've punched through solid stone at the incident." Predator told you.

"I'm... aware." You gasped holding an arm to your chest. Breathing was tough with the energy you were expending on healing your ruptured back and keeping your transformation in check.

With a deep breath in, you hefted a fist drawing it back. With a shout of effort, you thrust it forward, into a few planks of wood. The first few layers splintered, but not much else was done.

"Try again." Predator placed another row of planks down as you grabbed a face mask attached to an O2 tank. With an inhale, you took in a breath of nearly pure oxygen. Holding it in, you hefted another fist, throwing the punch.

You felt your arm give way as it suddenly shifted, growing slender and dark as the broad side of your claws bounced off the planks, leaving a few gouges.

"You need to work on that." Predator informed you as you sighed, shaking the clawed arm. With a moment of effort, the dark color faded into your human arm again.

"I've got that!" With the shout, you hefted a human fist, sending it straight through the row of planks. Splinters fell at your feet, followed by the halves of the boards you split with your fist.

"Better, but don't let adrenaline carry you through this." Predator told you. You sighed, sitting down among the cracked boards.

"You can rest for now, you still have much recovery to go through." Predator told you. You winced as your back flared up in some pain. The hands of a doctor pressed against your back, and you felt the pain subside.

"Thank you." You told the man. He nodded, pain evident from taking yours via his quirk, and left the room, leaving you and Predator alone as the latter handed you a water bottle. You took it gratefully, chugging the fresh water.

"You're improving, but those involuntary transformations are your main priority to work on." Predator told you.

"Yeah. I'm still waiting to recover enough to have the energy for that." You sighed, taking another breath of oxygen. Predator took a seat in a metal folding chair, watching you lay back. You were both situated in a large, empty room to give you space for your practice.

  "While you're on a break, I have a question for you, Alien." Predator told you.

  "Hm? What is it?" You wondered, steadying your breath.

  "What is your quirk?" He questioned.

  "My quirk?" You repeated, lightly confused.

  "Your natural-born quirk. What is it, and how did it lead you to where you are?" Predator pressed.

  "Oh, sorry." You sighed, thinking back.

  "My actual quirk is a mutant type, believe it or not. My body's composition is modified to provide a complete immunity to any sort of chemical corrosion." You explained.

"...in a language I can understand, please."

"Acids don't hurt me."

"Ah, I see." Predator nodded.

"Yeah. I was going to become a white-collar worker after I graduated school, but the Foundation reached out to me near the end of my junior high years and gave an offer to modify me in a way that would allow hero work. After months of working with the doctor, I'm at the point I am now." You told Predator.