A Drive- Duncan & Heather

"What are you doing out here?" the delinquent asked, heading over to the gloomy raven haired girl who sat on the curb.

"You didn't hear?" Heather sniffed, trying to not show her smeared mascara.

She already knew it was running down her face, though. Yet, she didn't want the broody so called bad boy to find out about her concealed blubbering.

"I've been in the bathroom for majority of the dance," Duncan said, taking a stance next to her as he pulled out a lighter and a cigarette.

"It's nothing." Heather shook her head.

"I'm sure it's something. I have a mom, you know," he retorted, lighting his coffin nail. Heather stared at the rolled up tobacco, stunned.

"Sorry to be inconsiderate. Want one?" The punk offered to Heather, but she quickly refused with the quick flick motion of her hand.

"Why do you care?" the raven haired girl asked through burnished eyes as the punk brought the cigarette to his mouth. She quickly wiped the corners of them to hold back the tears.

"I'm sure no girl wants to be balling her eyes out in the parking lot of their school during prom," Duncan stated, taking a long drag out of his cig. "Where's Alejandro?"

Heather was determined to change the subject as soon as possible. He was the reason she was sitting on the cold concrete at ten at night after all.

"Where's Courtney?" the queen bee dodged the question, looking up at Duncan.

"You think I went to prom with that little brat?" the unlawful teen scoffed, throwing the barely used piece of tobacco to the floor. He quickly set it out by the slight smush of his heel.

"I thought you guys were planning on going together," Heather admitted truthfully.

They'd been a thing after all. Even though rumours fly around their school like no tomorrow, Courtney specifically told her she was going with Duncan a few months back. She even ran into her at the mall when the brunette was early prom shopping.

"She went with Gwen," he told her monotonously.

For some reason, there was no pinch in his heart like before. He was proud of Courtney, heck she was his first love.

"But isn't Gwen..." Heather's wrist went limp.

"That's the idea, Einstein," Duncan sighed, taking a seat next to her. Heather furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wait. Is Courtney...?"

"You didn't hear?" The punk let out a loud chuckle. "I guess I was the reason for her lesbian awakening."

"Oh." Heather looked down at her black high heels.

"She posted her uh... coming out on her Instagram," Duncan added on. He didn't want it to seem like he outed Courtney when she's been out to the whole school for a couple of weeks.

"That's probably why I didn't know about it," responded the doleful girl, fiddling with the heel of her shoe.

Though she may seem like she's constantly on her phone so much, Heather hadn't been on social media after Alejandro pleaded her not to.

"So what's up with you and Al?" the curious punk asked. She instantly froze by the mention of his name.

"I don't want to talk about it here," Heather grumbled, setting her manicured hands on her lap.