Wrong Sentence || Part 1- Courtney & Gwen

a/n
three part series along with a sequel called 'the reunion'

Gwen's Blog

The goth adjusted her laptop that was perched on her desk. She hit record and pushed herself away from the furniture.

"Okay, so I'm still getting loads of emails about Duncan," she started out in a fake tone. "Do you like him? He's perfect for you! Courtney doesn't deserve him, you do!"

The girl sighed, bringing her head over to the camera with an exasperated look on her face. "Enough already. He has a girlfriend, case closed."

With a smile, Gwen shut off her blog.

Blowing a strand of hair out of her face, she got up from the seat at her desk and paced around the room.

I didn't seem too fake, did I? She pondered to herself, running a manicured hand through her hair. That was decent enough, right?

A few days later, tons of emails flowed through her inbox. Agitated, the goth found herself back to her laptop. She quickly browsed the internet and came across a tabloid posted by one of her mutuals.

"Huh?" She clicked on it and sure enough, 'Duncney Breakup' was the title of the article. Curious, Gwen searched through social media to find out what had happened to the two.

"No way!" Her phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hey girl!" Leshawna, who was on the other line, greeted her. "Did you see the articles?"

"The ones about Courtney and Duncan?" Gwen asked clicking on her email.

"Yeah, I guess they called it quits for good and now they're in some sort of lawsuit about a deranged raccoon."

Gwen chuckled. "Britney isn't crazy. She's actually one of the most docile animals I have met," the goth told her going through emails that were flooded with her opinions about the breakup.

What side are you on? Who broke up with who? Do you think you and Duncan will have a chance now that Courtney's out of the picture?

Gwen rolled her eyes and pushed her laptop to the side.

"With it's little pesky eyes and claws made for killing, I'd say it's deranged!" Leshawna said through the other line.

"Okay Leshawna."

"Girl, with Duncan and Courtney's splitsville, you finally have a chance of swooping in," her friend said through the other line.

"She's fresh out of a breakup, Leshawna. That'd be petty of me," Gwen responded.

Leshawna was one of the only people to know about Gwen's sexuality. She came out to her and Trent during the first season of Total Drama when they started to grow close. Luckily for her, they were both very supportive of her being bi.

"But now's your chance to get close to her when she's vulnerable," argued Leshawna. "Take her by surprise and there you have her, right underneath your wing!"

"I just don't think she's ready to move on like that," the goth muttered into the phone.

Gwen wasn't quite sure when to tell the whole internet about her sexuality. More and more people started to come out from the show making her feel a little safer for who she was but she wasn't exactly keen on telling everyone yet. And it wasn't like Courtney felt the same, the former C.I.T definitely didn't swing that way anyways.

"Now why in the heck are you sulking, girl?" Leshawna asked hearing the sadness laced through Gwen's voice. "This is good news!"

"I don't know, I just feel bad about the whole breakup," Gwen shrugged. "Do you think it happened because of me?"

"From last season?"

"Yeah."

"Honey, let me tell you. There was nothing wrong with you and Duncan being friends. You know how that girl is, always protective of her close friends and relationships," ranted Leshawna through the phone. "That's how Courtney is. You apologized even when you didn't have to. Courtney should understand that you and that wannabe punk star aren't a thing, you're simply just friends."

"We're not even that close anymore anyways," Gwen agreed. After hearing about Courtney's disappointment between the two friends during the Aftermath, Gwen immediately backed off of Duncan.

It wasn't like Gwen had feelings for him anyways. In all honesty, she wanted to learn more about Courtney than that ruthless juvenile although they easily got along.

"Well baby, I gotta go. Harold's throwing a big fuss about the Drama Brothers again," Leshawna said. "Talk to you soon?"

"Yeah," nodded Gwen. "Bye." The goth shut off her phone and threw it onto her bed.

With a little groan, Gwen opened up her laptop again. More messages swamped her social media so she decided to do another blog to update her viewers.

She read through her emails and answered most of them that didn't involve Courtney or Duncan until a certain one caught her eye.

"Duncan is totally nuts for letting Courtney get away with that, I mean look at her, she's hot!" Gwen said into the camera after she read the message. A wave of realization washed over her face.

Accompanied by a forced chuckle, Gwen tried to save herself. "I-I mean, he's hot. They're both hot, good looking. Erm..."

The goth looked down at her floor for a brief moment before bringing her head back up. "What I mean is they're both good for each other."

Finishing up her blog, Gwen slammed the laptop shut. Covering her face, she let out a prolonged groan.

Did I almost just out myself?