Wrong Sentence || Part 2- Courtney & Gwen

Smoothie King & Celebrity Manhunt

"Duncan is totally nuts for letting Courtney get away with that, I mean look at her, she's hot!"

The delinquent pressed on the remote in aghast. The screen quickly turned off and he took a step back.

Did I just hear that right?

He walked over to a table in his apartment and scooped up his phone. Going through his contacts, he clicked on Gwen's name.

The phone ran a couple times before someone answered.

"Duncan?" the goth asked from the other line, shocked that the punk would even reach out to her. They weren't quite close as they used to be so she was surprised to see his name pop up on her phone.

"Yeah it's me." The punk scratched the back of his neck. "Can we meet up some time today?"

Why would he want to meet up with me? Gwen asked herself as she set her paintbrush down on the towel.

"Wouldn't Courtney be mad?" the goth responded wiping her hands.

"I'm not dating her anymore, you know," Duncan snorted.

"But still. It's Courtney." The punk rolled his eyes as he went through his cupboards to look for something to eat.

"Gwen."

"Fine," the goth caved in. "3 o'clock at the Smoothie King."

Time passed and both teens found themselves at the restaurant.

"So why'd you want to meet up?" Gwen asked, glancing around at the place. She was a bit timid that the paparazzi would find her here and make up obscene rumours about the two.

"You didn't see the news?" Duncan responded.

"Huh?" The goth's eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Celebrity Manhunt," the punk clarified. Gwen shook her head, dumbfounded.

"Here." Duncan went onto his phone and pulled up the news clip of Blainley and Josh, the hosts of the show.

He showed Gwen the snippet of the two talking about her recent blog. In the fragment, they showed the part where Gwen talked about Courtney and Duncan's breakup. They brought up the possibility of the goth catching feelings for one of her former comrades.

Gwen's face paled as she watched the screen.

"So it seems like another love triangle is about to emerge!" Josh said into the camera.

"Duncan better watch out for Gwen, who knows what that girl is capable of," Blainley told her co-host. "If I were Courtney, I'd keep an eye out on Gwen, too. She seems a little too tempted by the breakup."

The clip ended and Duncan quickly shut off his phone. Gwen couldn't believe what she just listened to.

"Oh... wow..." she garbled out. She wasn't sure how to react to it.

Duncan wasn't sure how to respond to it, either.

"So you haven't seen the clip?" he asked. The goth shook her head. They sat in silence.

"Are you...?" Duncan's wrist went limp.

"Well what do you think?" Gwen spat out. "You've seen what Celebrity Manhunt said about me so you can only guess from there."

"You don't need to snap out at me, I don't judge." Duncan rose his arms up defensively.

"I'm sorry... it's just. It's kinda fucked up how they basically outed me like that," the goth sighed, resting her head in her hands.

"Do you think Courtney knows?" Gwen asked quietly.

"I'm not sure if she's seen it or not," Duncan responded. "I could ask Bridgette-"

"No, don't. I guess I'll have to confront her myself," she murmured.

Gwen prayed that Courtney didn't see her blog or the Celebrity Manhunt clip yet but she knew how Courtney was. Updated on everything. And that's what frightened her the most.

Who knew a wrong sentence could possibly turn your world upside down.