The Reboot- Axel & Duncan

A/N
I love the headcanons of Axel being Duncan and Courtney's child so I decided to make a short story about it!

Duncan watched his daughter Axel as she packed her bags for the Total Drama reboot. He remembered when he was a contestant on the show and how it had changed his life. He had made lifelong friends and even met his wife on the show. But he also remembered the stress and drama that came with being on the show. Especially having Chris McLean as the host. He didn't want his daughter to go through the same thing.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Axel?" he asked her.

"Absolutely," she replied, zipping up her backpack. "I've been preparing for this my whole life. I'm ready for anything they throw at me."

Duncan admired his daughter's confidence and ambition, but he couldn't shake the feeling that she was in over her head. Axel was a natural-born leader, but she had trouble working with others. That could be a problem on Total Drama, where alliances and teamwork were key to success.

"I just don't want you to regret this," he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "It's a tough show, and I know firsthand what it can do to you."

Axel looked at her dad and smiled. "I appreciate your concern, Dad, but I'm not you. I'm my own person, and I know what I'm capable of. Besides, I have a secret weapon."

Duncan raised an eyebrow. "What's that?"

Axel grinned. "You, Dad. You're going to be my coach. You know this show better than anyone, and you can help me navigate the challenges and the drama. With you on my side, I can't lose."

Duncan felt a surge of pride and love for his daughter. He knew she was right. He had the experience and the knowledge to help her succeed on Total Drama. And he would do everything in his power to make sure she didn't regret her decision, like he had.

"Okay, Axel," he said, smiling. "Let's do this. You and me, kiddo."

As they drove to the airport, Axel couldn't contain her excitement. "I can't believe I'm actually doing this!" she exclaimed, bouncing in her seat.

Duncan chuckled. "Just remember, it's not all fun and games. There's some serious competition out there."

"I know, Dad," Axel responded, her brown eyes shining. "But I'm ready for it. Bring it on!"

They arrived at the airport, and Duncan helped Axel with her bags. As they walked towards security, Axel turned to Duncan and gave him a tight hug.

"Thanks for everything, Dad," she said, her voice choked with emotion. "I couldn't do this without you."

Duncan hugged her back, feeling a lump in his throat. "You don't have to thank me, Axel. You're my daughter, and I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Axel pulled away, wiping her eyes. "I know, Dad. I love you."

"I love you too, kiddo," Duncan responded, smiling through his own tears.

As Axel disappeared through security, Duncan felt a mix of emotions. He was proud of his daughter for following her dreams, but he was also scared for her. Total Drama was a tough show, and he knew firsthand how it could change a person. He just hoped that Axel would come out of it unscathed.

Duncan pulled out his wallet, looking at the photograph of a group of young teens on dock. He rubbed the photo slightly as memories of the show came flooding back. Duncan took a deep breath, putting away the photograph.

He knew that the next few weeks were going to be tough, but he was ready for them. Although Duncan was going to miss Axel, he had his daughter's back. He knew that Axel would be able to tackle the challenges that lay ahead for her.