The Move- Heather, Alejandro, & Duncan

Heather sat on the grey couch in her new living room, surrounded by boxes. She had just moved in with her fiancé, Alejandro, a couple of days ago, and the place was a mess. She looked around at the empty walls and sighed.

Heather was feeling quite overwhelmed with the move. She missed her old apartment, where she had lived with her old roommate, Duncan. They had always decorated for Christmas together, but now she was living with Alejandro, and things were different.

Alejandro walked into the room, carrying a box of ornaments. "Hola, mi amor," he greeted, smiling at his fiancé. "Are you ready to decorate?"

Heather stood up from her seat. "Yes, I am," she said with a feigned smile, holding onto a vase that once held the flowers Duncan had gifted her after her ballet performances. "I was just looking at some of our old decorations."

Alejandro immediately set the ornaments down and put his arms around her. "I know it's hard to leave your old place behind," he whispered, stroking her raven hair. "But we're going to make new memories here."

Heather felt a sense of comfort as she looked at him. She knew that he was right. She had to let go of her past and embrace her future with Alejandro.

"You're right," Heather agreed, pulling away from Alejandro. "Let's make this place our own."

Together, they started to decorate the living room. Heather hung up the ornaments on the tree, while Alejandro strung up the lights. They laughed and joked as they worked, enjoying each other's company.

As they finished decorating, Heather glanced around at the room. It looked beautiful, with the tree in the corner and the lights twinkling. Heather was finally starting to feel more placid.

"Thank you for helping me decorate," she said, smiling at her fiancé.

"De nada, mi amor," Alejandro replied, giving Heather a quick peck on the lips. "You know I love spending time with you."

Heather's stomach fluttered when she heard him speak Spanish. She loved it when he spoke in his native language to her. It made her feel loved and appreciated.

Although Heather tried to conceal her giddy smile, Alejandro was quick to notice. "What are you thinking about?" he questioned with a small smirk, holding onto her hands.

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you," Heather admitted.

Alejandro softly kissed Heather's forehead. "I'm the lucky one," he replied. "You're the most beautiful woman in the world."

Heather blushed at his words. She loved it when he complimented her. "You're so sweet," she said.

Alejandro took her hand and led her over to the couch. They sat down together, admiring their work. The tree was decorated with ornaments from their childhoods and first homes, and they even had new ones hung up that they had picked out together.

Heather's eyes quickly caught sight of the gold ornament that was front and center. It was a gold heart that Duncan had picked out for her when they shared their first Christmas together.

Heather gasped in remembrance, quickly shaking the memory off. "Oh, I almost forgot," she spoke, patting Alejandro's knee. "I have a surprise for you."

Alejandro curiously tilted his head. "A surprise? What is it?"

Heather got up from the couch and walked over to one of the boxes. She pulled out a small, neatly wrapped present and handed it to him.

"Thank you, mi amor," he said, eyes observing the gift. "You didn't have to get me anything."

Heather shook her head, rocking on the balls of her feet. "I wanted to," she replied. "Now open it."

Alejandro carefully unwrapped the present and pulled out a small box. He opened it to reveal a gold watch.

Heather watched as his face lit up. "It's beautiful," he uttered in amazement. "Thank you so much, Heather."

Heather beamed, taking a seat next to him again. "I'm glad you like it."

Alejandro put the watch on his wrist and examined it. "I'll wear it every day," he promised.

Heather leaned over and kissed him tenderly. "I love you," she mumbled into his shoulder.

"I love you, too, mi amour," Alejandro responded.

They sat on the couch for a while longer, talking and laughing. Heather felt grateful for the love they shared and the life they were building together.

As the night went on, they decided to cook some lasagna that DJ, one of their friends, had dropped off for them earlier in the day. They sat in front of the TV, eating their pasta while watching a movie.

Heather snuggled up next to Alejandro, reminiscing over the nights where her and Duncan had eaten leftovers or takeout when they didn't feel like cooking (which was 90% of the time).

Before the couple knew it, the movie had ended. Heather slowly removed herself from Alejandro's arms, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Wow, it's already 11," she yawned out.

"I guess we should get ready for bed, then," Alejandro responded. "I can tell someone needs their beauty sleep."

Heather chuckled, and they got up from the couch to head to their bedroom. Heather loved being with Alejandro, and she knew that they had a lifetime of adventures ahead of them, but she was still missing her old apartment dearly.

As the couple got ready for bed, Heather tried to think about all the things her and Alejandro could do together to distract herself from her thoughts about Duncan and the move.

She tried to think about how they could travel to Spain to see some of Alejandro's family, but her mind kept going back to her former roommate and old apartment. She thought about all the late nights where Duncan and Heather ate Chinese food in the living room, the times where Heather had convinced Duncan to let her touch up his mohawk, and the morning where a hungover Heather woke up on Geoff's couch, enfolded in Duncan's tatted arms after Geoff's New Years Eve party.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Heather," Alejandro spoke softly, wrapping his tan arms around Heather's slim build. "I can't wait to build a life full of love and happiness with you."

Heather swallowed the lump in her throat, resting her head on Alejandro's chest. She nodded, uttering, "I'm looking forward to this next chapter with you, Alejandro."

They soon fell asleep in each other's arms. While Alejandro dreamt of the future that him and his fiancé would build together, Heather had dreamt of a boy with a green mohawk and tattoo sleeves.