The Reunion || Part 1- Courtney & Gwen

a/n
sequel to wrong sentence!

The Awards Show

"Are you sure this looks okay?" Courtney asked her friend who stood next to her in the bathroom applying eyeliner.

"You look great, Court," Gwen responded, setting down her makeup. "That dress really flatters your skin tone."

Courtney blushed. "Thanks." She smoothed down the magenta coloured dress and did a double take in the mirror. Gwen couldn't help but admire her features.

Since the confrontation with the brunette, the two girls have grown really close despite the canards circling throughout the internet.

Courtney had quickly shut down the rumours of the two liking each other to the media and claimed to the press that her lawyer said no comment. She's been trying to keep herself on the down low with her custody battle with Britney and Celebrity Manhunt's segment about Gwen's blog.

Meanwhile, Gwen had been trying her best to avoid any questions or comments about her love life. She simply talked to viewers about her passion for the earth and going green. Yet, other than super fans and social media commentators, there was once person who would not give up on Gwen's secret relationship.

Heather.

The former teenage star was also trying to stay noticed by doing her own blogs. Most of them were just picking apart at Gwen's and causing a brutal blog war, but nevertheless hers gained a ton of attraction.

For example, the one with the wig. And when we talk about wigs, we don't mean Heather's nice old rug. She actually set out to buy a clump of hair very similar to Gwen's dead strands.

After Gwen posted a blog with Katie and Sadie about going green, Heather decided to respond to her 'message'.

Placing a blue and black wig over her head, the once raven haired girl set up her laptop and began to record with two puppets on her hands.

"This is the loser Gwen show. Where everything always sucks and the world is terrible," Heather started out in a monotone voice before raising it.

"Like oh my gosh, no singing? That is so sad, don't you think Sadie? I know! It's totally like, oh my gosh! Totally! Isn't it like awesome how the same we are? Now look at my butt!" Heather, as Gwen, gave the camera a deadpanned look.

"Ugh, how dare you interrupt my loser video blog. Ugh, wish Courtney were here so I could kiss her even though I'm way too scared to tell her how I feel about her since she's still madly in love with Duncan and I'm just a lonesome goth who craves attention and reassurance. I'm too cool for her anyways!" Heather leaned in and kissed Courtney's picture. "Yes! Save the whales!"

After that brutal attack, Gwen flung back, digging up old videos of Heather making out with her cat, Bruiser. Then that's what got the blog war really going. They were both even invited to Celebrity Manhunt to talk things out with Josh but they ended up brawling on the floor.

"You're staring." Courtney smiled, snapping Gwen out of her thoughts. She quickly shook her head and wiped away a strand of hair.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking about-"

"Heather. I know," the brunette interrupted, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Everything will be okay, Gwen. All we have to do is show up to the awards show and go back home, away from our Total Drama free lives once and for all."

"Yeah but I hate that stupid TV show," Gwen grumbled, turning back to mirror. "And dressing up."

"We'll be in and out of there in a jiffy, I promise." Courtney set her hand down on Gwen's sweaty palm. The goth's lips twitched upwards as she stared at her friend through the mirror.

"Now are you really going to leave your hair like that?"

"What's wrong with it?" Gwen asked, brushing it back with her wet palm. Courtney grimaced, picking up a hairbrush.

"You can't just leave your hair all dry and dead like this." The former C.I.T. picked up a strand of Gwen's dead hair in disappointment.

"The limo should be here any minute," Gwen tried to argue but Courtney shushed her.

"The limo can wait. We are going to an awards show," Courtney emphasized, grabbing a couple bobby pins from the drawer. "And I can't have my date show up looking like this."

"Okay that was rude," Gwen huffed in annoyance as Courtney messed around with her hair.

"And leaving your hair down without bothering to brush it for a very important night is also not ideal," Courtney shot back, placing a bobby pin in her mouth. Gwen rolled her eyes and let Courtney carry on with her little 'magic'

"Are you almost done?" Gwen asked impatiently, tapping her combat boot onto the floorboard of Courtney's bathroom.

She knew Courtney would be pissed if they arrived late to the awards show. That's how Courtney was and she didn't want to see her friend be put in a bad mood for the rest of the night, especially with people she doesn't like that much.

"Just about... finished." Courtney pulled away and brought Gwen's hair to the the top of her shoulders. "Nothing like a little bobby pin trick won't fix."

The goth admired her pinned back hair in the mirror.

"Wow Courtney this looks-"

"Good? I know," Courtney interrupted, grabbing her clutch from her bathroom counter top. "Now let's go wait downstairs for the limo."

"I thought you said the limo could wait," Gwen smirked as Courtney grasped onto her wrist and dragged her out of the bathroom.

"You know I don't like to be late to events, Gwen." With a slight smile, Gwen followed Courtney to the door.