Chapter 113: The Diaries Pt.2

February 1991

February 1991

Toronto, Canada

Beep Beep!

"Iman!"

I turned to see my sister Selena in the car. I ran throwing my suitcase in the back, then climbing into the front.

"How was your flight?"

"It was good. I replied nervously as my leg bounced up and down. She turned and glanced at me raising a brow. "Ok, it was terrible. I'm so scared to go home. I know mom is pissed."

"Pissed isn't even the word to describe her."

"You should have heard the messages she left for me." I rubbed my face. "Ughhhhh I don't want to face her."

"Well." She shrugs as she turns the car on and drives. "You're going to have to."

The car pulled up to our house. You know that strange feeling you get in your stomach when something horrible is going to happen or if you have to confront a situation? That's what I'm feeling right now as the car stops. When me and Selena get out of the car, I look up to see my mom staring at me through her office window. Arms crossed against her chest with no smile on her face. That means there will be no greetings, no home-cooked meal, no laughter, and no rest. When my mom is angry the whole house will suffer the wrath of Terri Neeks.

"You ready?" Selena stared at me.

"No." I sigh.

"Well, we have to go in. I'd start by commenting on her new hairdo. She got highlights."

I roll my eyes at her suggestion. Like that's going to help. The door opens and Maya runs out jumping into my arms.

"Iman!" She cried.

"Hey boo!" I hug her back.

"Iman!" Felicia runs out hugging me.

I hug her back. I glanced towards the door in hoping that maybe... just maybe my mom would walk out with a smile on her face and embrace me. But she doesn't come out. We walk into the house. It's quiet in here. Well except for the low TV.

"Whew!" I breathed out taking my jacket off.

"Jesus, do you eat?" Selena grabs my wrist.

"Yes, I've just had so many shoots." I groan pulling my arm back.

I watch the worried look my sisters give to each other.

" Well, I'm so happy to be home."

"You won't be saying that when Ma comes downstairs," Felicia warns, pulling my suitcase to the living room.

"Did you get anything for me?" Maya smiles cheerfully skipping towards my suitcase.

"I did boo boo. Inside the suitcase."