Prologue

“Whatever Doesn’t Kill You Simply Makes You Stranger” Trilogy:

1. Whatever Doesn’t Kill You Simply Makes You Stranger

2. Don’t Get Even...Get Mad

 3. Chemical Chaos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Aurora Mente and Jack Napier. Two people with two identities. Names no one recognizes, people no one cares about.

Memoria and Joker. Two heinous professional criminals striking fear into the hearts of Gotham’s people. No one forgets these names.

How can we be both?

I sigh as I look down the 30 story building, seeing the cars and the people walking out of the building. People who made me sick, heads too high to see the suffering people of Gotham.

But then again, Jack and I weren’t better. We were worse. The scum of Gotham.

I sucked in my breath, backing away from the ledge, inspecting my new gadgets. I lifted myself up, a technique I learned from hours of hard meditation, hovering over to the building across from me.

Jack was all the way across town, and here I was, alone. No one could see me. I didn’t want them to. If they saw me, they would cower in fear and scream for help, even if I wasn’t harming anyone or anything.

I gained the rep of a murderer and a psychopath, so I should be used to this, but it still bothered me.

I chose a bad turn, and me and my children would be stuck in this mess for the rest of eternity. They would have to face problems I end up falling into.

I didn’t want that to happen.

I would make damn sure that my future life would be better, not good, but better. I’d make damn sure that no one in Gotham would go near me or my family. I would make damn sure my family would be able to live a double life without any evidence proving us to be who we really were.

I am Memoria. This city shall be mine, and no one I care for will ever be put into a bad situation.

Joker and I will run this town.