12: A Mission Alone (Revised)

"Stupid cops." I muttered, lifting my hair and tying it into a ponytail. I was sweating from the adrenaline and pain of getting the bullet extracted from my flesh. "What were you going to ask?"

"The mood is crushed, isn't it?" he sighed, looking down. I saw an odd emotion in his eyes. I sighed.

"No, it's not. I love you, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at them. The mood between you and I is the same as it was a moment ago, I promise."

He it his lip, looking at my dead in the eyes. "Aurora," he pulled me so I was in a standing position, then got down on one knee, presenting a small box to me. My eyes widened.

"Will you marry me?"

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor, I smiled softly, nodding, tears streaming down my cheeks. I was being such a baby, I know, but I loved him and this was something that made me so extremely happy.

"Yes!" I squealed, he slipped the beautiful ring onto my finger. The diamonds were pretty big, I liked it. I hugged him close, excited. "You're amazing, I love you!"

He chuckled. "Well, doll, you should love me for more than my money." I scoffed.

"Baby, I made money before I met you, you know. This gal knows how to get what she wants." I smirked, thinking back on the old days, when I worked alone. Things are much better now, though. 

"When are we going to celebrate?"

There was one thing I wanted to do before I was able to celebrate with him. I wanted to put the past in the past, and there was one way I could do that. "Actually, I want to go work tonight."

"Should I get my guys?"

"I meant, like, alone. One of those things where only one person could go or everyone would get caught." I said, frowning slightly.

"Oh." he sighed, running his hands through his greasy hair. "What would you be doing?"

"Oh, nothing, just robbing an account."

"Whose account?"

"My parents were jerks, so I plan on taking everything they have in the vault."

He blinked. "They have a vault. Criminals, having a vault. Don't they have a house with a secret lair or something?"

"No, my parents weren't so bright and quiet around the house when talking about money."

"Where is this...Vault?"

"In LA." I sighed. "They're supposed to be dead, but I know that vault still exists. I'm going to go to that house and dig in."

"Los Angeles? As in...California? Babe, that's all across the country. You really want to go alone?" He seemed surprised, confused, but he knew he wouldn't be able to stop me from working.

"Well SOMEONE has to terrorize Gotham!" I laughed lightly, gently touching his cheek. My finger gently touched his scars, he slightly flinched.

"Fine, fine. Go have your fun. And if any guy tries touching you, put their intestines on the grill and feed them to the hounds."

His words may have sounded frightening, but I knew he only meant good. He was like that, he didn't know any other ways.

"Well, alright." I got up. "I'm going tonight in the private jet. One of my men are flying me over there, I'll also have Rue with me."

"Rue is going? Great. Her lover boy will be moping, and I'll have to-"

I quickly spoke. "No!" I sighed. "Do not kill him. If you do, I will hurt you."

He was silent for a moment. "Fine." he gently kissed my cheek, then lifted me up by my waist and pulled me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, snuggling close to him.

"You need to take a shower, your hair is all slimy."

"Hair gel, hun. I took a shower this morning. This image has to look a little gross."

"I didn't say you looked gross, I just said, you know.." I started playing his hair. "'Cause I wanted to take a shower, and I was thinking I could have some company..."

He pulled away to look at my face, a mischievous grin on his face. He raised his eyebrows, I nodded, knowing the question floating around in his head. I smirked, he pulled me into the bathroom faster than I could say the words.

~~*~

"RUE!"

"YES?"

"YOU READY?"

"UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................................................................."

"I would like the answer now, you know." I replied, walking into her room instead of shouting at her from across the hall. Jack was getting irritated by me doing so.

"Sorry, I was thinking." she walked over to me slyly, clearing her throat, keeping an innocent gaze. She leaned close to my ear.

"What if Harley tries to...You know...Take your man while you're gone?"

I thought for a moment, then smirked.

"Oh. I got an idea on what we could do with her..."