3: Tension (Revised)

The sound of the Gorillaz blasted in my room, I raised an eyebrow and approached it steadily. It was the song On Melancholy Hill. When I opened the door, I saw Jack at his desk writing stuff down. I laughed softly, finding my iPod was plugged in.

"I didn't think you were a Gorillaz fan."

"Just trying out your iPod," he said, I chuckled, sitting down beside him.

"I'd expect you to enjoy Senses Fail, Slipknot, stuff like that. Or Disturbed." I pondered. "Yep, Disturbed."

He chuckled darkly. "Sounds like a good band. What bands do you like, my dear?"

"My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Disturbed, Gorillaz, Hollywood Undead." I answered, when Melancholy hill was done I changed it to Disturbed, he grinned.

"You know what I like, my dear."

I smirked. "When don't I?"

He thought about that for a moment, then shrugged. "If you ever don't get me, I don't remember! That's why I love you, sweetheart." he laughed, stretching. I frowned, looking at his neck. He caught on. "What's on my neck?"

"A red, oval shaped mark...Like a hickie."

He smiled. "Doll, you probably are at fault for that."

I blushed softly, thinking. "Uhm, no, I don't think I-"

"Keep track of the nights we f-"

I shushed him immediately before he could finish the word. The way he said it was vulgar, I hissed slightly. "Stop cussing as much as I do." Do as I say, not as I do.

"I'm the Joker, I do whatever I please."

"Yeah, and I'm Memoria, your girl, who wants you to not," I countered, crossing my arms. I rolled into a laying position on the bed. "I don't give hickeys, hon."

He went back to his work now, unamused at the topic of conversation. "Maybe it's a bruise."

"Maybe someone gave it to you."

He stopped writing. He dropped his pen, then turned to me. I could see anger in his eyes, but I wasn't afraid. I never was afraid of him.

"Are you implying that I cheated on you, Memoria?"

"I don't know, am I, JOKER?" he used my alias, so I stressed his, his lip twitched. He got up and walked over to the bed, picking me up by the arm and pulling me so close to him I nearly bashed my face on his, and I could feel his ribs on mine.

"You do not blame me for something I have no recollection of, and say I did something I would never do. Got it?"

"This is why we could never get married, Jack." I hissed, pushing him off of me. "I can't trust you, and you do this to me! You're so violent, yeah we're criminals but that doesn't mean you could treat me like you treat your henchmen!" I roared, pissed. I had my hand by my pocket, knowing I could stop a hit from with him with my hand in my pocket. If he saw my hand movement, he would know I was getting defensive, and do something I probably couldn't block in time.

"I treat you as well as I can, I'm sorry if I'm not perfect, but after Jeannie, I-" he sighed. "After Jeannie I forgot to love, really."

I felt a pang of hurt. "So you never actually loved me?"

His eyes widened, and for once, I actually flustered the madman.

"No, no! I mean," he hesitated, pausing in thought. "I don't know how to treat people that I love. I mean, after Jeannie died, I went insane, but her death didn't make me the man I am today, my decisions before she died were what made me what I am today and I don't care for her more than I care for you. I love you, I don't want you to-" he sighed, then shrugged.

"What?"

"There's no use, I'm a criminal, so I can't love so easily."

"Fucking learn!" I blurted, calming down after the words shot out of my mouth, I shook my head. "You, sir, are confusing as hell."

He snorted. "Tell me something I don't know."

"You should redye your hair."

"Try again."

"I'm ugly."

"That's not a fact, that's your personal opinion."

I thought, then smirked. "Our henchmen hook up with each other."

His expression went sour, he sighed. "As long as I can't hear their ugly sex." he sat down, then pulled me onto his lap. "I didn't cheat on you, you should know that."

I thought. "Yeah...Maybe I gave you that..."

Though I said it, I really didn't mean it. I didn't give him it, I knew it for a fact.

"Puddin'!"

Jack groaned, gently placing me back onto the bed. "The hag calls." he got up, I snickered softly. 

"Go work, I'll just take a small nap." I curled under the covers, he nodded.

"I'll see you later tonight." and with that, he was gone.

I hugged my legs and rested my chin on my knees. There was something peculiar about Harley, I just couldn't place my finger on it...