21: Rebellion (Revised)

I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"How are you and Joker?"

"We're good, we're planning on getting married soon. I just don't know how he'd feel about settling down and everything."

She raised an eyebrow, looking at me. "You're planning on quitting your job?"

I sighed. "Well, if we have a family, then I might."

"Girl, you're really going to squeeze out a litter of kittens and pretend like this never happened?"

I thought for a moment, then shrugged. "Maybe. I mean, Joker probably doesn't want any kids anyways." I wanted to change the subject now. "How are you and Batman?"

She snickered. "We just flirt. He's cool, doesn't have the heart to turn me in as much as the others."

I giggled. "Good advantage. He probably wants me behind bars so he can get Joker behind bars."

She nodded, eyes scanning the horizon as the sun came out over the city. "That's all he really wants. Joker is his main enemy.....So, Harley is gone?"

"Yep."

"How are you so sure?"

"Joker looked out the window and found her bleeding out on the floor."

"Delightful." she said sarcastically. She started to pick at her nails, I examined them with a grimace.

"Do you ever have rolled up skin in those?" I asked, imagining what happens when you get a rounded spoon to pick ice cream out of a carton happening to a man's flesh. She nodded.

"It gets really gross sometimes, but a girl's gotta defend herself." she sighed, stretching. "What are your weapons?"

"I don't really have a lot. Joker doesn't usually fight, I mean sometimes he has an acid squirting flower, sometimes he has a gun, sometimes he has a knife...Harley only used a cheap ass gun, she didn't fight fair. She was a pro at gymnastics but she wasn't a pro at using that melon of hers. Good abilities gone to waste...I just really use my powers. I know my way around a knife and a gun but I don't have a preference for them."

She nodded. "I have a whip and a bolas mainly. Only because I know how to use them." she snickered, then got up. "Listen, I'd love to talk. But I have to go steal some of these special, large diamonds from a rich man."

I smirked. "Have fun." I sighed, leaning back on the building tiredly. After an hour of lying there and thinking, I was starting to doze off, up until I felt a bright light scan my face. I sighed, peeling my eyes open to find a shaky guard at my side.

"Hands up. I called the cops already, just don't move and I won't shoot." he was shaking, sweating bullets and trying to hold his gun steady.

I smirked and gently nudged him over with my powers, then rolled to the side of the building and allowed myself to drop off of it. I was now soaring through the air, grasping my courage and pretending as if I was at flight. I laughed, feeling at ease with myself. Overcome my fear of heights? I think I just did.

Right before I hit the ground, I allowed myself to grasp the idea of landing on the ground, lifting myself with my mind and gently allowing me to fall to the ground on my feet. Cops surrounded me, causing me to chuckle.

"You all make me laugh." I said loudly, putting my hands on my hips, pursing my lips. "You guys think you can take me down..."

"Freeze, Memoria! We have you surrounded."

"You cannot defeat the power of the mind." I smirked, eyes glowing purple as I lifted my hands to cover myself with a force field then force it outward, flipping cops and cars over. "I am stronger, I am smarter. I am Memoria." I laughed, then skipped off. I felt a bullet pierce me once, but I ignored it and kept on my merry way. When I got home, Jack was grinning at me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Quite a show you put on outside of Wayne Enterprises...." he winked, pulling me close to him. I snickered.

"I'm always like that, though." I smirked

"Which is why I love you." he scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully. "I think I have to give you something." he said, bringing me to another room. I let him. When we arrived the place he wanted to bring me to, he took out a long, rectangular box. "Open it."

I smiled softly and opened it, gasping at what I saw. "This is beautiful..."

It was a diamond necklace with little designs on the chain, shimmering and decadent.

"You didn't have to..."

"But I did." he chuckled. "You can wear it at our wedding. When is it, anyways?"

"In three months." I smiled. He nodded.

"Then wear it in three months." he chuckled softly. I grinned.

"I'll save it for then."