29: End

Jack and I decided not to leave Gotham.

It was our home, and though Kaleb would be brought into this whole crazy lifestyle, we knew we had to raise him without influencing what side he should pick. Good or bad, we didn’t mind, he could even be in the middle and just be a business man, just as long as he was happy. Of course, he was too young to decide that, so I guess we just didn’t have to worry until then.

Jack’s been home for two weeks. He has adapted nicely, he said he wanted to take a break from his job just to get settled in. He didn’t talk about the other woman, but he told me they honestly did nothing but talk. He never forgot about me, and I trusted him. He was as crazy about me as I was about him. We’ve lived such a long life with each other, from the beginning where I loathed him, wanted nothing to do with him, to now. The time we first met and quarreled, to the time where I was captured and thrown into his home, I remember all the times he’d look at me with such a lustful look, and the times he’d look at me with a loving one. He was always the main guy in my life, from main enemy to best friend, to husband.

I wanted no one else.

I’m certain this is how I should live. No regrets, just him and I, and Kaleb, in our home, in Gotham City.

"Sweetheart, you wanted to tell me something?" Jack asked, walking into the room, snickering to himself, Joker makeup on and that insane look in his eye. I’ve grown to love that look, believe it or not.

"Yes." I said, turning to him, kissing him. "I want to know if you want to accompany me while I rob the crap outta the bank downtown."

"Doll, that bank is way to easy, you’re better than that." he smirked, then took out his knife, playing with it. "How about this: You and I go out and create chaos? I’m ready to jump back into my job, and I want my darling doll to be with me while I do so." he smirked, I grinned and gently put my hands on his cheeks.

"Alright. Then afterwards, we take Kaleb to the park?"

"You think we’ll be able to swing that? I mean, stay hidden?"

I smirked. "Come on, baby. We’re Memoria and Joker. We’re the dynamic duo. Better than Batman and Robin."

He snorted, finding humor in that. He hasn’t acted like his madman self in a while, I guess that is why it really is good for Joker to go to Arkham Asylum every now and then. It renews his personality.

"Alright." he sighed, holding my hands. "Now, let’s go dance!"

I giggled. "And where would we dance, my sweet?"

"Out in the livingroom, my dear!"

"The henchmen are there!"

He thought for a moment, then ran over to the livingroom, I followed, wondering what he would do. He grabbed the tv and threw it out the window, the henchmen looked at him funny. "Go to your rooms and watch tv there!" he shouted, they obeyed quickly, I raised an eyebrow at him and laughed.

"I hope you know Kaleb won’t be very happy without the main TV."

"Oh hush, we’ll buy another one." he winked, then kicked the radio, turning it on (leave it to him to be able to pull something like that off so cleanly) and pulled my hands hard, I flew into his chest, he laughed and danced around with me, I struggled to keep up, he was so energetic.

"Babe, I’m tired!" I snickered, he snickered too, picking me up by my waist and then spinning me back around the house in rhythm to the song. Kaleb ran in and started to giggle.

"Daddy!" he spoke, clapping his hands all cutely, I grinned over to him and Jack let go of me, hurling me to the couch. I landed sitting down, and leaned back and watched the father and son act all crazy. It was cute, since Jack was so childish that he could get along with his son so well.

Jack bent down and got on his knees, picking up Kaleb and putting him towards the sky. "Simba!!"

Kaleb laughed and set his hands on Jack’s face, touching the scars. He noticed them, but he never said anything about them. If anything, he enjoyed them there, and it helped Jack get over his self consciousness towards them.

"Guess what, guys?" Joker exclaimed gleefully.

"What?" I asked, walking over, sitting cross legged next to Jack on the carpet, Jack set Kaleb in between us.

"Since I will be back in business soon, that means Kaleb can go to really nice schools and stuff." he answered, I looked over at Kaleb.

"Honey, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Kaleb smiled widely.

"I want to be just like daddy!"

Jack and I looked at each other and chuckled. The kid wanted what the kid wanted. We couldn’t stop it.

At least he had our support.

Fin.

---------------------------------------------

Sequal name: Chemical Chaos

Check it out :P 

Thanks for reading!