18: So Similar (Revised)

I sat there, holding my knees, shaking. That was intense. I wasn't expecting it. Jack was a damn good liar, it made me wonder how many times he had lied to me and gotten me to believe it like he just did.

I can't believe Harley was gone. She had to be dead. That drop was a very, very high one, she would have been lucky to survive, lucky to still be in tact. I didn't want to look out the window. Jack did for me, making a face and pulling away. I'd never seen him make that face before when looking at one of his bloody accidents. 

"I'll have the henchmen clean that up later."

I couldn't speak. This life was getting way out of hand.

"You alright?" Jack asked, moving his hair back and clicking his tongue, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. I gasped sharply.

"I have a fucking stab wound, be gentle," I gasped in pain, and brought me to the infirmary we had in the mansion. The nurse checked the wounds, pulled out the glass and then stitched me up. She gave me a prescription for pain killers and patched me up. Afterwards, I walked to Jack, even though they advised me to rest.

He was sitting at his desk working on some of his papers, a brooding expression on his face. I sighed, walking over to him and sitting on the desk.

"You're really doing paperwork?" I sighed. When I looked at them, I realized he was constructing an experiment for laughing gas, writing certain chemicals down. I was surprised at his knowledge on all those things.

"Not really." he shrugged, I bit my lip.

"This lifestyle is insane."

"Which is why I love it so much, my love." he laughed, smirking up at me. "Insanity could work in so many ways."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning insanity is different. Out of the norm', it's always changing. I like that." he licked the insides of his mouth, I looked at him, eyes glowering.

"Someone died today."

"People die every day, sweetheart." he sighed, signing a paper and going to the next one, scanning it.

"Because of you?"

"Most days."

"I never kill. If I do, it has meaning."

"It had meaning today. If I didn't kill her, she'd kill you."

"But who was here first? Her, or me?"

He stopped what he was doing to look up at me. "Don't you ever think for one second she could take your place."

"I'm just saying, maybe-"

"You would honestly be willing to die?"

"What if she wasn't that bad of a person?" I sighed, he gave me a look, slamming his fist onto the table.

"You," he started, panting, I could tell he was angry. "Are not to ever speak of Harley again, you got it?"

I don't know why he was so pissed off. He got up, glaring at me now. I shriveled underneath his look.

"Okay." I said softly, surprising myself. I usually was the one who won the arguments. He got up, taking a deck of his Joker cards and left. I sighed, getting up to follow him. When I walked out the door, he was no where to be seen.

I walked downstairs to the livingroom, where his Henchmen were chilling with mine.

"Jon, where did Joker go?" I asked one of my henchmen. He gave me a full explanation, I was glad I had him. He was one of my favorite henchmen. Apparently, Joker had left the house after smashing some vases and slicing some paintings while muttering things under his breath. I sighed.

"Well alright. Jon, Darius, Rue and Sabrina, you guys are coming with me...." I looked at Joker's henchmen. "And I also want Smiles and Smirky to come with."

Two of Jack's henchmen got up.

"Hey, you can't command us to do nothin'!" one of Jack's henchmen piped up. I stared at him, eyes flickering. Everyone gasped as he was lifted up into the air, slamming his head on the ceiling and then dropping down, limp. He wasn't dead, just knocked out.

"Any other comments? Questions?"

There was a long silence.

"Good, now let's roll. We're gonna go get money from the nearest bank." I smirked softly, walking outside. I saw Jack had taken my car, I groaned loudly. "Son of a bitch."

I walked over to the lousy van. "Everyone, get in." I muttered.

Jon was looking at the floor.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Analyzing the dust and dirt patterns and the floor, I can tell he brought three henchmen with him."

"In MY car?! My personal car?! I take that thing out when I'm a normal citizen! Ugh, I am going to KILL that man!" I shouted, throwing a tiny tantrum. When I looked at my henchmen, the guys were grinning.

"What?" I exhaled deeply.

"He did that on purpose." Jon said, laughing lightly. "You two are so similar."

I ran my fingers through my hair, getting in the front seat silently. He was right.