22: Forever

Three months later, I felt like I was in a wonderland. Something different than normal. I had all the stylish henchmen plan the wedding in the little time, it wouldn’t be too bad since we did not have people to invite besides some of the villains around the city that we were alright with. I felt nervous, sitting in my room as Rue and Sabrina did my hair. I looked in the mirror, trembling nervously.
“I don’t want to go in front of a bunch of people in this outfit.” I sighed, all sad. Daft walked in.
“Well hello, love! Don’t you look awfully posh this fine evening. Would you like me to talk to the ol’ bloke you’re about to marry? I heard you were not allowed to see your beloved in the wedding gown the day of the wedding!” he spoke excitedly, I chuckled.
“No thanks. Where’s Snow?”
“Here.” she spoke, walking in. “Daft, you should leave.”
He sighed, pouting, then left. Snow started working on my makeup.
“Don’t worry, you look amazing.” Rue reassured, smiling softly. “Joker looks-“
“NO, don’t tell me!” I said quickly. “I wanna see for myself without any opinions.”
She chuckled. “Of course.”
I got up when they finished my makeup and such, picking up my dress to walk to my place in the wedding. It was an outdoor wedding in the back of our home in the large backyard, which was decorated to be a fairytale wedding. Jack wasn’t so keen on the idea, but I wanted it, so he agreed. I could feel my heart beating hard, I was scared...What if something bad happened during the wedding?
I took a deep breath. When the music came on, Rue ran up behind me and ushered me off. I looked at her, eyes concerned.
“It’s alright, hon. You look gorgeous.” she spoke softly, her golden eyes sparkling in sincerity.
I nodded, pursing my lips, I walked out and everyone fell silent.
I saw awe in people’s eyes as I walked past them, trying to keep my sanity as all eyes were on me. I avoided all the eyes that landed on me, looking up to see Jack’s eyes were the ones I could not avoid. I smiled softly, feeling my confidence boost as I saw the speechless look on his clean, makeupless face.
Then it was time.
The person marrying us, Harvey Dent, had the bible in his hands, speaking calmly and clearly. Then, it was time for vows.
“If you then, have freely chosen each other, in token of this and your love, will you please join your hands together. Jack (since Jack had to give him his real name, but not his last name), repeat after me. I, Jack...”
Jack followed. “I, Jack...”
The exchange of words went by Harvey speaking this:“Take you, Aurora. To be my wedded wife. To have and to hold from this day forward , To love, comfort, and honor, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to laugh with you in joy, to grieve with you in sorrow, to grow with you in love, as long as we both shall live.” and Jack following afterwards.
“Jack, do you promise to do this now and forever more?”
“I do.” Jack spoke firmly, I bit my lip, his eyes sparkled.
I did the same, blushing and grinning afterwards. Jack reassuringly squeezed my hands. We were the first villains we knew of to get married after normalcy was gone.
“The wedding ring is the shape of an unbroken circle with no beginning and no end. It symbolizes eternity—a never-ending love. Wear the rings proudly for they are symbols which speak of the eternal love that you have for each other and marks the beginning of a long journey together.
These wedding rings are a symbol of the promises you have made today. May the wedding bands be a reminder to all of the vows Jack and Aurora have made today and be a witness to the world of their commitment.”
As we put our rings on each other, we spoke soft words “With this ring, I symbolize my commitment to you, It will be an ever-present token, of my promise and my love.”
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”
Jack and I shared a passionate kiss, filled with longing and an intense kick that hadn’t been satisfied since the night before. Our lips moved in sync, brushing gently together. We pulled away after a moment, eyes gazing into the others.
“I love you.” I whispered softly, eyes sincere.
“I love you, too.” he spoke, kissing my cheek.
This is right.
He is the one. He is mine.
Forever.