2: Allies (Revised)

"And what makes you think I'd join you?"

I was currently staring into the eyes of Harvey Dent, otherwise known as Two-Face. I was in the shabby office he kept underground, which was also his base for the criminals that worked for him. It was tiresome trying to find it, but after interrogating one of the men that worked for him, I found out where it was.

I crossed my arms, tilting my head slightly to the side. "You've got to be joking." I laughed lightly, a smirk stretching on my face almost as big as Joker's.

Almost.

"And what do you have against me? You think just because you're whoring around with the Joker that you're all of a sudden a-"

I slammed my fist onto the ground, eyes wild with anger. My mouth twitched a bit. He had struck a nerve.

"You have crossed the line, Dent.," I snarled angrily. He had an amused smirk on, urging me to go on. "I'll have you know that I am Memoria, I never started with a hope to be Joker's accomplice, so from here on in you will not associate me with him unless you want both sides of your face to be hideous, savvy?"

His eye twitched, pursing lips in disdain. "You're not a very good persuader. You should work on that if you ever want me on your team, bitch." he flipped a coin with his fingers, catching it and slapping it on his wrist with ease.

I heard a clanking of metal, turning my head a little forward I realized it was the sound of his watch hitting something in his pocket. He pulled out a revolver, cocking it back and aiming it at the spot in between my eyes. I held a straight face; he had no idea I had the ability to stop a bullet before it hit me because of my powers. I just had to concentrate on the gun.

He held it at me, but sensing my lack of fear, he let his arm fall, and the gun rested loosely in his hand and on the table in front of him. He let out a long sigh.

"And what do I get if I help?"

I smirked softly. "Well, Two-Face," I used his other name, since he seemed to be more pleased with me when I did so. "I can give you anything you want. I mean, come on, I am Memoria." I proudly spoke, sitting on the table. He scowled, leaning back in his chair, not dropping the gun. He was smart not to do so, even though I wasn't planning on hurting him, unless he acted in violent ways. Which he already did, but I knew he couldn't actually harm me that way.

"And who else agreed to work with you?"

"Well, Two-Face! Honestly, you are the first I have approached. I felt you'd probably be the best to approach, since you are so smart and clever with power. You are quite a respectable man." I had a playful grin on my face, even though I wanted to throw up all over his desk in pure disgust in myself for kissing up to such a jerk of a man. He used to be quite the catch, his old side popped up randomly, and bi-polar disorders were tolerated more than enough in my current relationships.

"Well, you got yourself a deal, Miss Memoria." he said it so nicely, I nearly rolled my eyes. There he was, changing back and forth in moods. It was hard keeping up.

"Cool, cool." I got up, brushing myself off. "Stay in touch until we call you, keep classy." I walked out of his office without another word spoken from either of us, and sat down in Joker's office just five minutes after. I ran home by jumping from rooftop to rooftop, since I could pretty much fly with the use of a purple spherical plate concentrated from my mind whenever I nearly didn't make the jump off the rooftops.

Joker walked in, pausing when he saw me.

"Back so soon?" I nodded in response, tired. "Why the pouty lips? Someone didn't kill your dog, did they?"