7: Separation (Revised)

I hadn't told Jack about my encounter with Batman, and it had been two weeks since the incident. Me helping Batman ended up being a really good thing, because Poison Ivy had gotten a taste of the Titan formula; the stuff that made Bane hulk out. Instead of becoming beastly like him, her plants flourished a little too much, destroying Gotham City, and almost destroying our hideout. Ivy was planning on becoming the ruler of Gotham, which was really bad, since she'd come and kill all the villains, not only the civilians that didn't do as she said. It would be chaos, and chaos isn't fun when you're not the one who gets to enable it.

I hadn't talked to Jack since that day, too. I really wanted him to believe what happened wasn't my doing, and he was being stubborn as well about his thoughts, he wasn't even looking at me. It was really tense for us.

It seems that over the time, Harley had gotten closer to him, which was odd. I had never remembered a time where they got along, they weren't so compatible, but it seemed to me like Harley had changed for his liking. When he was around, she wasn't as jumpy and talkative. It was weird.

I sighed, stretching, getting up to go look out the window. I saw a bouquet of roses there, I frowned at it, walking over. Maybe Jack was saying sorry to me.

I looked at the tag, it was to Harley, but why were they in my room?

I took them and threw them over the balcony. I wasn't getting along with her, since she was trying to get closer to my Jack. It got me so angry.

The vase shattered at the bottom, but there was something in it that shocked me. I jumped off the balcony, despite the height and landed perfectly on my feet, walking over to the shattered vase, the pool of water didn't even block this little detail. It was a note. I picked it up.

"Dear Harley, this is for your hard work lately. Thank you for helping me out. -J"

Angered by this, I stomped on the flowers until they became merely flat petals and rose juice, using my mind to crush them to oblivion. I watched as the little wet piles of dust smeared on the ground with the new rain above Gotham City, and calmly walked inside. Was Jack falling in love with Harley? Was he cheating on me with her?

I got self conscious, running to the bathroom and locking myself inside. I looked at myself in the mirror.

My black, long hair, sparkling green eyes, smooth face. It wasn't good enough. I wasn't good enough anymore. Was it me? Or was it him? Why was I second guessing myself so hard instead of just being angry towards Jack for breaking my heart and my trust? 

I looked down at my clothes. Harley wore a very busty outfit, she had a nicer body. Or did she? Why was I thinking this way? 

I bit my lip, running my fingers through my hair feeling overwhelmed with sorrow and anguish. I was just plain old Aurora to him, now.

Jack was in his office, I could tell because Harley kept going in there, carrying different things at a time. Food, paperwork, occasionally a small glass of unknown beverages. I decided to talk to him in his office.

Words could not describe how awful I felt when I walked in, seeing Harley sitting on his desk, laughing with Jack. His eyes were bright, happy, an expression I hadn't seen often with him. She had a small smile on her mischievous face, they both jumped when I opened the door.

Anger swelled through me, my face started getting hot. I lifted up my hand with a quick motion, flinging Harley to the wall. She hit her head pretty hard from the sound of it. She let out a cry of pain, Jack let out a growl, looking at me with smoldering, frustrated eyes.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" he shouted, he usually wasn't like this, especially with Harley, she never mattered to him.

"What is going on, Joker?" I shouted, angry. "What are you doing behind my back? I found the flowers! Do you think I'm stupid? Putting the flowers in my room and expecting me not to see it? What the hell is wrong with you?"

He sighed, eyes defeated. I stopped cold. I was right?

"Doll, I have never cheated on you."

I shook my head. "I can't believe your lies. You two have been getting closer, so you know what? Fine. You obviously like her more, you've been showering her with attention, so fine. You can have her, because we're through!"

Disbelief ran through all of our faces. Harley's even. I didn't ever think of that as the only solution, and now that I said it out loud, it felt weird to me, but the words had already left my mouth. I loved Jack. I loved him more than anything, but maybe it was good that we weren't going to be together anymore, since he didn't respect me anymore. Not like he used to.

"What?" his voice was quieter than usual. I shook my head.

"Did I stutter?" I scowled. "If I had another place to go, I'd go there, because I'd rather be anywhere else, then here, with you, a man who doesn't appreciate me. So don't even talk to me, unless it's about work." I slammed the door, walking out to see some henchmen looking at me funny. I almost forgot that most of them didn't know Joker and I were together. They probably didn't step to that conclusion, though. I was so angry I had sold my house. Jack and I had officially moved in together, but we weren't married, I should have waited longer before selling it. 

I met the eyes of Rue, who was looking at me with drooping, upset eyes and a pouting mouth. It was her concerned look, I had seen it too many times before.

I shook my head, then walked to my room, closing it and shaking my head before crumpling on the bed and sobbing.