10: Rules and Regret (Revised)

The next day I spent my time looking at a photo album. I had gotten one once I had gotten this place, and it made me think back at a lot of things. Some good, some bad.

I saw a photo of all my henchmen and I at a club when we were celebrating after I made Batman eat shit by shooting down his plane. It didn't severely hurt him, but it was funny.

I was shocked knowing Batman couldn't hurt me right now. I was not a priority to him anymore.

That's a first.

I saw a picture of Jack and I laying on the couch in the livingroom. It sort of creeped me out, since I don't know who took the picture or when it was taken, but I was asleep on him, and he was holding me, sleeping as well.

I closed the photo album and threw it across the room.

I heard a knock at the door and got up, it was strange to have company here. When I opened the door, I saw a boquet of flowers on the floor. I inspected them thoroughly. They were purple and green roses, odd how this person had managed to get them the color they were and have them super fresh. They were beautiful. There was a note on one of the rose stems.

It read, "Hello, my dear. I'm truly sorry for what I have done, come home and I'll show you how sorry I really am. -J"

I sighed, and started to pack. I guess it was time to see for myself how sorry he really was. 

--

When I got to the house, everything was spotless. It was as if Jack was counting on me being here. When I walked in, some of the henchmen scurried off. Odd.

Jack walked out in a new purple suit. It was spotless and charming, he had his makeup fixed and his hair dyed a fresh green, he looked clean and cunning.

I put my hand on my cheek to try to hide the blush, but he had already seen it and smirked, walking over to me.

"Memoria, my darling. I'm so glad you're here...Things were so...Boring without you!" he hugged me tight, I hugged back, practically melting into his strong arms.

"Joker, I-"

"Shh....Let me show you how much I missed you."

I was shocked. He was never like this. He probably got help from some of the henchmen on how to romance a girl, because this was truly new. He had taken me out to the backyard, which was, in certain places, purple in beautiful roses. I gasped at the sight, they were absolutely stunning, and the prettiest color of purple I had ever seen. There were birds chirping all around, and a new pond to the right. I walked over to it and found many koi fish and other fish swimming about, occasionally brushing along the surface and blowing tiny bubbles. To the right, there was a fairy tale like Gazebo with a beautiful glass table and silver chairs inside. Jack took my hand and brought me to it, sitting down with me. He looked into my eyes.

He looked awfully nervous, leaving me quite surprised. He was full of surprises lately.

"Baby, I really love you. I haven't loved anyone more than I love you. Hell, I didn't love Jeannie as much as I love you. You are awesome, I have so much fun with you! Harley isn't smart as all. She's dumb as a rock, but you're...You're so smart, and beautiful, and you make me smile. You make me truly smile. I'm always smiling not only because of this paint, but because I love you so much."

I blushed a deep red, and looked down at my hands, which were folded on the table. I was so taken back. I bit my lip, grasping onto his hand tightly.

"You're forgiven. But I have some rules."

Jack groaned. He hated rules, and it took a lot for him to follow any besides his own.

"Harley is to sleep on the other side of the mansion."

"Alright."

"You have to text me when you're out, at least once."

"Well, sometimes I won't get to that, sweetheart, I-"

"During the car rides? When other people are driving."

"Well, I-"

"And that's it."

"You have all these rules..." he sighed.

I rolled my eyes. "Babe. Come on."

He sighed deeper, catching my gaze. "Alright. Since I love you."

"Good." I smiled. I wasn't unreasonable, just worried that things would fizz out or I'd feel insecure about what was going on between us, and I just wanted honesty and communication from here on in. 

I heard something move behind me, so I turned. Nothing was there...Odd...

I turned back to Jack and smiled, kissing him lovingly. Everything would turn out better.