Believe and Trustworthy

Eight Days of Hell

***

Lucille's POV

While I was doing my chores with Alastor pretending I didn't know about his plans, I began to feel worried if he noticed about my secret. I even didn't know Alastor noticed something was wrong with me, which it's not good. However, he began to speak to me.

"Darling, whatever is the matter?" He questioned me.

I looked away. "It's nothing."

"I see. I could tell there is something on your mind. Why don't you tell me, darling? I promise I won't be mad at you." Alastor said in a kind voice as I began to trust him, but I didn't want anything bad to happen.

"Al, will you promise me not to hurt anybody, especially Cross, if I tell you about how I feel?" I asked him.

He sighed, smiling more. "I promise, darling."

I sighed in relief. "Okay." I breathed out, "Cross thinks you're planning to use me as your tool because you wanted to marry me then took our lives in order to take over the kingdom. Is this true?"

"What? No, my dear. Why would he say that?" He said who acted like he was too innocent or anything like that.

"Because he thinks you're manipulating me by believing you after we made a deal," I told him, sounded a little scared.

"Oh, darling. No! Goodness, no!" He exclaimed as I knew I didn't know what happens next. He pulled me into a hug and embraced me, which caused me to blush heavily. I don't like being hugged or touched by the man, except my family.

"I would never manipulate you! Cross was just making that up because he thinks I was trying to use you. Cross was nothing but a hot-headed one."

"I see," I muttered, gleaming my eyes.

"Even though Cross was trying to make you believe I'm a lunatic. He wants you to think I tried to harm you or your family. All he ever wanted was you because he's... He's in love with you!"

I was confused. "What? But... I've never seen Cross so attractive to me. He would never felt for me because we just met yesterday. We were friends. He only said he doesn't care about anything, except me because he secretly cares about me. Surely he isn't like that."

He chuckled. "Oh, he sure did. Cross tried to take you away and plans to claim you as his, which is so unacceptable."

"But... I don't think Cross would do that. He seems like a nice guy, kinda." I glanced my gray eyes at that with a sweatdrop.

"Oh, trust me, Lulu. He did try to manipulate you by believing in his trustworthiness. Now, who do you believe in? Me or him? After all, I've promised you I can set you free from the kingdom after we made a deal to pretend that we're a couple, next to our marriage, and then our divorce until you are free. Remember our deal so I can help."

I took a deep breath then faced him with a frown while clenching my fists. "I believed in you."

"Good. Now let's get back to work!" Alastor exclaimed excitedly as he took my hand and lead me to the lobby so we can continue our work. No, I continued to work my chores for my goddamn punishment. 

Alastor's POV

I knew this will work after telling her a lie about Cross's manipulation against her will, which gives her anxiety and nervousness. So she chose to believe my trustworthiness instead of this mystery asshole like Cross.

Now back to my plan of how I am going to make Lucille mine when the future comes to us. No. I'm not here to use her or kill her. I'm gonna make her my bride, so nobody thinks about my true feelings for Lucille.

I smirked at that evilly.

Chara's POV

I saw everything. I watched everything after I overhearing between the two, Alastor and Lucille. I didn't like that kind of guy who is a manipulative or a sick fuck yandere deer. While it was going, they went back to the lobby and continued their work.

"This is not good. I gonna tell Cross about this," I muttered myself as I headed back to my vessel where he was having a conversation with Alexis and Angel Dust at the bar.