Under The Full Moon

Three Days of Hell

***

Cross's POV

It was eleven in the noon. Everyone was asleep. Except for me and Lucille. I was tucking her up to bed before I could sit on the couch and watch over the others. Even though I was too tired of watching through the window, making sure Alastor isn't tracking us down. That's my job. I've been a good royal guard since way back then. I missed the old days when I used to spend some time with my friends.  Right now, I was sitting next to Lucille while having a short conversation.

"Hey, Cross."

"Hm?" I asked.

"Do you ever feel so alone when you have nobody else around you before you met Dream and even us?" Lucille asked curiously.

I sighed. "I used to be alone... once." I said, "I think it's so much nice to talk to someone that I used to know. His name is Ink. His constant visiting helped me control Chara within me. However, I also met my lover Dream as well who would make me feel happier. I mean... After I met Dream's older brother who forbids me not to see him again. I wish my life could change forever."

Lucille gazed at me with a soft look. "But you have us, right? We're your friends. We've been best friends for six days. You've been so overprotective of and been too kind to me."

"Yeah." I muttered sadly, "Even though I used to be a royal guard when I have someone to protect."

"Like your boyfriend?" Lucille asked.

I nodded. "Yeah," I whispered, "Even Dream, someone I have to protect."

"Cross, if you ever been alone, we'll always be there by your side. You can always talk to you if you ever been so alone." Lucille said.

I sighed, smiling at her as I gave her a fist bump onto her left shoulder gently. Lucille smiled back at me.

"Thanks, Luce. If you had ever been my best friend, I'll never leave your side.  So I was wondering if you ever get scared of being alone with Alastor, you can always find me and needed to talk." I said.

"Sure," Lucille said.

"I've been thinking the same thing as well," I said.

Then Lucille began to feel a bit nervous when she clutched her left long sleeve pajama shirt, looking away a bit.

"Cross... If you weren't there for me? What if Alastor finds us here? What if he kills you?" She asked, sounded so anxious.

I hushed her, rubbing her back. "Don't say such a thing." I told her, "Alastor won't harm me, and like I told you before he won't kill me because I'm powerful."

"But, Cross... I'm worried if we don't make it to Michael's place when Alastor finds us in Heaven." Then I felt Lucille embraced when I noticed she started to cry. I felt her arms see wrapping me around my back, tightening me up like a robe. I embraced her back gently. I closed my eyes tightly. Even though, I'm scared, too, when I didn't complete the destruction of Hell when Nightmare will find out about this. I can't keep a secret infinity.

"I'll die if I have to go back home to the way I was with Alastor. He can't make me!" Lucille sobbed softly, "I hate Alastor so much and I wish he will leave me alone!"

"Lucille." I interrupted her as I held onto her hands and faced her gaze, "No one will ever make you do anything, Luce. Do not let him."

Lucille nodded with a response.

"You are a brave princess, did you know that?" I said, smiling.

"Yeah. Am I permanently the stronger one like you?" Lucille asked me.

"Lucille, you don't have to be the stronger and powerful one. All you can do is be yourself, Lucille Magne, the Blood Princess of Hell. You can be whoever you want to be, but try to be yourself. Being yourself is how you were created to be who you are, the Blood Princess. Try to create your imagined powerful abilities and strengths."

She gazed at me when she was listening to the single word I said. "Yeah." She said quietly, "I guess you're right."

I exhaled with a smile until I gave her a good night kiss before going to bed, "Now, go to sleep, Luce." I suggested, "We have a day ahead of us."

"Okay. Goodnight, Cross." Lucille said who finally went to sleep.

"Good night, Lulu," I said. After that, when Lucille was asleep, I looked over the ceiling while laying on the couch. My eyes slowly are closing when I yawned tiredly until I fell asleep without watching over the window.