Nine

The Dinner Party.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond this fence." Jenna pointed out as her, Elijah, and Natasha walked. "Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah sounded rather sarcastic yet stern in his tone.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked. "My research actually showed me that this area was actually settled almost two centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the Northeast, um, it was-" Elijah said but Natasha cut him off, "Salem. It was Salem to be exact."

Elijah raised an eyebrow to which Natasha shrugged, "I like history. Sue me." Jenna let out a slight laugh. "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked either one of them.

"Which means the Founding Families... didn't actually 'found' anything." Natasha told her. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal of being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna said.

"Yes, they are." Elijah's gaze shifted towards Alaric, who was walking up to the trio. "Uh, Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna said rather awkwardly. 

"Yeah, I got your text about walking Elijah and Natasha through the old property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along." Alaric shrugged, shoving his hands in his coat pockets. "You know being a history buff and all."

"You really didn't have too. I already dragged Nat along unaware she liked history." Jenna said, turning to Natasha who waved awkwardly at Alaric. 

"I don't think she'll mind her favorite history teacher tagging along." All the adults turned to Natasha. "Why are you all looking at me? I have no say in this." Natasha said as she walked ahead of them.

"Alright then. Where to next?" Alaric asked. "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of american history." Elijah said.

~~~

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked Alaric, as the two sat in a booth in the Grill. "No, It was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he charming and Natasha was no help practically creating ship names for the two of them."

"Woah, woah. Natasha Danvers was there? With Elijah?" Damon said. "I know you think that she's like drawn to the Originals and whatever but she was just there because Jenna asked her to come along."

"You sound jealous. Of Jenna I mean, not Natasha and her past fling with the Originals. Unless you want to tell me you have a thing for Elijah?" Damon joked. 

"Do not joke about that I will drive a stake through your heart." Alaric said, Damon put his hand on his heart dramatically. "I see that's in the do not talk about pile. My mistake. You have nothing to worry about I'm sure Jenna and her new Original boyfriend." He said, earning a glare from Alaric.

"Ah, look who's here. Just the people I was talking about." Damon waved at Jenna. "Hey, guys." She said as she walked over to the table with Elijah and Natasha following her. "So I hear you three had a meeting of historical minds."

"Yeah. I guess you could say that." Jenna smiled. "Well, as much as I'd love to continue this, I have papers to grade. That includes yours." Alaric turned to Natasha, slightly glaring at her.

"We should have a dinner party. Continue this conversation there." Natasha mumbled. "That is a lovely idea, Natasha. What do you say? I'll be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?"Damon said, earning a suspicious look from Elijah.

"That works for me. Nat? Elijah?" Jenna said. "I'm not sure that-" Alaric tried to say but was cut off, "It'd be a pleasure." Elijah said. Damon turned to Alaric who let out a sigh and nodded.