Thirteen

Klaus.

Natasha walked up to the Salvatore house. She wasn't sure on why, but something told her to go there. Once she got to the door she opened it and immediately got pushed back against the ground as Elijah Mikaelson had vamp sped out of the house, causing Natasha to fall over from the sudden movement. 

"Elijah?" Natasha said as she sat up right. "My apologies, Natasha. I had to exit the house seeing as I was not yet invited in." Elijah got up of the ground, giving the red haired girl his hand to help her up.

The pair then saw Elena rushing up to the doorway. Elijah glared at her and tried vamp speeding inside, forgetting he hadn't been invited in. "What happened?" He asked Elena. Elena shushed him, pointing upstairs to where the Salvatore brothers were. 

"I'll tell you. Not here." Elena whispered. "Can I trust you?" She asked. "Can I trust you?" Elijah asked sternly. Elena sighed quietly and handed Elijah the silver dagger that had been staked in his heart moments ago.

"Let's go." Elena said as she walked outside and shut the door quietly. Elijah stood still, raising an eyebrow. "You have to trust me." She told him. "I'll go if she does. I don't trust you anymore, Elena. Unlike you, Natasha has earned my trust and it remains that way."

Natasha looked from Elena to Elijah and nodded. Elena headed towards her car, rolling her eyes at the idea of Natasha joining them. 

~~~

"You look better." Elena pointed out as Elijah had drank a blood bag. "Where did you get the dagger?" He said, ignoring her comment. "I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word."

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah scoffed. "No demand. We're simply offering you our help. And in return, we want yours." Natasha said from the back seat. Elijah turned around to face the girl, "You have my word that I will tell you everything you need to know from your past lives. I also swore to keep you out of harms way no matter the cost. You have had my help for a very, very long time now, Natalia. You don't need my word for anything because you know you've had it for centuries now."

"As for you, Elena. Why should I even consider this?" He turned back to Elena. "The same reason that you haven't killed me yet. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." She responded.

It was then that Elena's phone rang. It was Stefan. "Where are you? Are you okay? Are you with Natasha? Is she okay?" Stefan asked over the phone. "Yes, I'm fine. Natasha is with me and she's fine as well."

"Where's Elijah?" Stefan asked. "He's right here." Elena told him. "Where? I'm on my way." Elijah looked at Elena, waiting for her to tell Stefan anything about their whereabouts. "No, Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone."

"Except you're not alone because you're with Natasha. Let me talk to her." Stefan said, Elena gave the phone to Natasha. 

"Hey, Stefan." Natasha said awkwardly as she ran her hand through her hair. "I know you two are with Elijah, put me on speaker." Stefan said. "Uh, okay." Natasha sighed as she hit the speaker button. 

"Both of you, listen to me. Elijah can not be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus." Stefan told them. "Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. We can trust him." Elena said. "He also is very well aware that it'd be stupid for Elena to cross him again. Seeing as Elena pulled out the dagger, she has proven herself." Natasha said.

"You can't do this alone. You guys realize that, right?" Stefan asked. "It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it." Elena told him. "And make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid like he always does." Natasha added, Elena rolled her eyes. "We'll be in touch." She said and hung up.