Twenty Five

Homecoming.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Natasha said as she walked into the Salvatore's living room. "Well..." Rebekah said as she painted her nails. A cough was heard and Natasha looked down to see Mikael was on the ground, waking up from being previously daggered.

"What is that doing here?" She raised an eyebrow and pointed her finger at Mikael. She glared at him as she used a spell to hold him down to the ground and cause unbearable pain.

"Don't, Natasha. It's fine. He's supposed to be here." Rebekah rolled her eyes. Natasha glanced at her then back at Mikael. She used two fingers and a swift motion to send the vampire flying against a bookshelf. "That's for forcing Rebekah to turn and being an abusive bastard to Klaus in the 11th century." Natasha told him.

"You. You should be dead." Mikael vamp sped up to her, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Rebekah hummed but it was too late as Natasha's banshee scream had him in more pain than before.

"Rebekah..." Mikael said, standing up with a glare fixed on his face. "She's my friend so don't even think about it. And whatever fatherly rubbish you've been thinking, save it. Nothing you say matters to me."

"I see." He said. "Where's my dagger?" He turned from one girl to the other. "Elena has it. So you can forget about your plans to use it on me." Rebekah answered.

"You were never the one I was after." Mikael told her. "Nik was my family. If you were after him, you were after me."

"He blinded you, Rebekah. Both of you. He killed your mother. He told them then turned to Rebekah for the last bit. "I know what he did and he will pay for it with his life."

There was a feeling in Natasha's chest. She suddenly felt a wave of anxiety rush over her at the thought of Klaus being dead, dead.

"Klaus was never born a killer. None of your children were. You turned them into these beings and then turned your back on them. Everything that has happened since the day they turned, every death, every person turned, all of it was because of you. Because you took their choice away from them. You made them into vampires so now you must live with that decision for an eternity. You not only ruined your children's lives, but your entire family in the process. You destroyed your own family. Not Klaus, not Rebekah. You. Now you get to live with that." Natasha told him.

Rebekah walked away from Mikael, dragging Natasha away as well to leave the vampire standing idly by. The two girls walked out of the house and into Natasha's car. "So, you're really going through with this? Killing Klaus, I mean." Natasha said.

"There's a part of me that wants to do it. He killed my mother and lied about it for centuries, but the the other part of me wants him alive so he can be my brother again. I promised him always and forever, what kind of sister would I be if I went back on that?"

"I also know you are having second doubts as well. I can see it in your eyes. You have feelings for Nik. I could tell centuries ago the same way I can tell now. You two are destined for each other in every life. I only hope you'll fully see and understand that one day, whether or not he's alive or not. I couldn't think of a better person for Niklaus in this entire multiverse. So, if you ask me, I'm team Klanvers. I know you do that ship name thing so I came up with one for you and him."

"Rebekah, can I just say that-" Natasha said but was cut off. "Don't say anything. I don't deserve you, none of my siblings did throughout all these years. Take this in as a mini thank you for everything you've done for us all. And don't worry, you'll have several more from us all eventually. We owe you for life, and I expect to keep good on that."