Nineteen

The End of the Affair.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan. And welcome to Chicago, Natasha." Klaus told them as they drove with a compelled driver.

"What are we doing here?" Natasha asked as he got out of the car. "I know how much Stefan loved it here."

"Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus then turned to Stefan. Somewhat of a grin forming on his face which made Natasha think Klaus liked Chicago for reasons other than just the ripper.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan answered.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus said.

Chicago, 1920.

Stefan walked into a club in Chicago. He had just finished off with a girl and then ended up killing her.

The sound of loud chattering filled the room. The band playing music that would be nostalgic to anyone after the 20s. He looked over the edge of the staircase and watched the people party.

"Looking for a good time, Salvatore?" A witch of color said from the stage. "Save me a dance, Gloria!" Stefan said.

Stefan walked up to a waiter and went to grab a drink but it was snatched by Rebekah. "Help yourself." He scoffed.

"Oh, I always do." Rebekah told him. "Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely." Rebekah walked up to him, she leaned in and whispered into his ear.

"No, no, no. Who are you?" Stefan asked as he pulled her back. But the blonde shushed him and walked away. A walk anyone would have found hot.

"Chicago was magical. For you more than anyone else I'd say." Klaus told Stefan.

"Yeah, we'll, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan reminded him.

Klaus sighed, almost disappointed. "Ready to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked.

Natasha choked on her water. "Should I leave you two alone? Is this a Klefan moment?" Natasha said.

"Get you head out of the gutter, Natasha." Stefan hit the back of her head. She then kicked him in the shins in return.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked Klaus.

"I'm going to see my second favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

"Who's your first favorite witch then?" Natasha asked somewhat genuinely even though she assumed the answer.

"Look in a mirror and you'll have your answer." Klaus told her as he then got back in the car.

"And your favorite vampire?" Natasha asked, Stefan face palmed.

"Edward Cullen!" Klaus joked. Stefan threw his hand in the air dramatically.

"He's a disco ball!" Stefan exclaimed.

~~~

Rebekah danced with a complete stranger. She enjoyed the music, her eyes closed and she smiled as she waltzed around.

Only the moment was ruined with the sound of chattering from a distant table. Rebekah walked away from her date and marched towards the table.