Thirty Six

Chapter thirty six.

"You got Alaric arrested?!" Natasha exclaimed quietly as she dragged Meredith Fell into an empty hospital room

"You got Alaric arrested?!" Natasha exclaimed quietly as she dragged Meredith Fell into an empty hospital room. "You don't understand... He's dangerous. He's not himself. I had to do something." Meredith sighed as he ran her hand down her face.

"Wait- This is the second time you've interacted with me. How do you know what's going on?" Meredith raised an eyebrow, a skeptical look in her eye. "Damon. He told me. He and ELena re at the police station talking to Sheriff Forbes as we speak." 

"You can't... You have to stay out of this, Natasha." Meredith encouraged rather annoyed. "I wish I could, but knowing my friend group, that's not going to be an option... It never is." Natasha sighed.

"What is it that you know? What aren't you telling anyone?" Natasha asked. 

"Dr. Fell, you are needed in room B103." A nurse said as she opened the door and popped her head inside the room, signalling from Meredith to go. Meredith nodded and headed for the door, she then turned her head, "Stay out of it."

~~~

"You'd think after our last encounter in my room that you'd learn to stay out of it." Stefan said as he felt Natasha's presence from the doorway. "You know, I don't understand this new Stefan." She said, walking up to him. 

"How so?" He looked up at her. "One minute you're practically yelling at me to leave, and then the next you want to kiss me. So which is it, Stefan?" Natasha raised an eyebrow, as she took a sip of the bourbon that Stefan had been drinking seconds ago, "accidently" spilling the rest on her shirt.

"What are you doing?" Stefan cleared his throat as he watched Natasha take her tank top off. "You don't mind if I borrow one of your shirts, right?" She said as she looked through stefan's closet. 

"No." Stefan responded through clenched teeth as he forced himself to look down at his daylight ring, or anything else.

"Dear diary, the chipmunk asked me my name today. I was distracted by Natasha's shirtless self and told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever." Damon said as he leaned against the doorway.

Natasha rolled her eyes, as she was now in one of Stefan's shirts. Stefan got up from his desk and walked over to his brother, "What do you want?"

"I was hoping we could hang. You know a little brother bonding. I mean, I know we don't usually 'hang out'. We team up, join forces. You know, like in all those superhero movies that Natasha watches. This is like our weekly crossover; Crisis on Infinite Earths. Dun, dun, dun."

"Did I ever mention how much you annoy me?" Natasha scoffed. "Only every day." Damon smile with a sarcastic tone. "Alright, good. Can't have you forgetting." 

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked Damon, dropping his hands to his sides in clear annoyance as he watches Damon look through Stefan's diary bookshelf. "Digging up clues. Most of the Originals left town, but now we have a whodunit on our hands."