Fifteen

As I lay dying.

tw: mentions of suicide and eating disorders.

psa; I am aware the characters wouldn't act like this, but bare with me.

Natasha walked up to the Salvatore house. She'd gotten a text from Damon to meet her there. She knocked on the door. Once it opened she saw Damon standing there with a look of guilt and slight sadness on his face.

"What? Did you run out of bourbon?" Natasha asked as she walked inside the house.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Damon said in a dry, mocking tone. "What is it then?" Natasha asked, turning around to see Damon was standing closer to her. "Take one more step and I'll burn you alive." She rolled her eyes.

"I want to apologize." He said. "Okay..." Natasha said slowly. "That's it. That's the apology." He stated. She tilted her head and raised an eyebrow. "Ugh, fine. I'm sorry that I was always such a dick to you. I never should have said what I said about your sister, and I'm sorry for thinking you'd betray us. You really did nail it last night. If it wasn't for Elijah you definitely would have killed him easily."

"Are you having a midlife crisis? You hate apologizing." Natasha sat down on the couch, grabbing a glass and pouring herself bourbon. "Well, I apologized." Damon said in a 'duh' tone. "Congrats. Do you want an Oscar?"

"Okay, when did we switch personalities?" Damon asked, clearly annoyed. Natasha shrugged, standing up afterwards. "Why won't you accept my apology and let me die in peace?" He asked. "One, because you're always rude to me for no reason. And, two, need I remind you that you're already dead."

"I mean dying for real." Damon said. "You were shot... You did die for real." Natasha said. "You know what? This was stupid. I don't know why I even try with you. Stefan's upstairs if you want to go see your besties."

Natasha rolled her eyes at Damon's childish behavior. She walked up the stairs, only to realize she'd left her phone on the couch. As she turned around she saw Damon opening the curtains in the living room. She didn't think much of it as she walked back down the staircase.

Only she saw him take off his daylight ring and stand in front of the fully lit window. He spread his arms out and it was clear that he was burning.

"Damon! Stop it you idiot!" Natasha shouted as she ran towards the burning vampire. Stefan, who'd heard Natasha's scream vamp sped downstairs and saw his brother trying to commit suicide.

Stefan tackled Damon. "Get off of me." Damon growled. Natasha had gotten to the windows and shut the curtains. Stefan grabbed Damon by the collar of his shirt and vamp sped him across the room and shoved him against the wall.

"You're not doing this." Stefan told him. "Just did." Damon said. Stefan rolled his eyes and vamp sped Damon to a different wall, slamming him against it. Natasha walked up to the brother, slapping Damon across the face. "You're a fucking idiot. You know that?" She said.

"You had a werewolf bite and it hurt you. You're not even a vampire. I'm a vampire. It's lethal to me." Damon said. Stefan did as Natasha did seconds ago and slapped him. "I don't care." Stefan told Damon and vamp sped towards the cellar and threw Damon inside, locking it.

Stefan vamp sped back out to the hall where Natasha was. "Are you okay?" Stefan asked. "Why wouldn't I be? It's Damon who almost killed himself." Natasha said. "I know, but you always get shaken up with that kind of thing. After your brother... killed himself. And with your sister and parents that died," Stefan sighed, "I know how you get with that sort of thing."