Three

Katerina

"You got your necklace back?" Natasha realized as the two girls walked towards the door of the Salvatore house. "Yeah... Only I don't know when or- or how, but I did." Elena said, knocking on the door seconds after.

"Hello, Elena, Natasha." Damon opened the door for the girls. "Stefan here? He called said it was important." Elena sighed. "Right this way." He signaled for the girls to enter.

Before Natasha got a chance to fully enter the room Damon dragged her to the side. "What?" Natasha asked rather annoyed. "You're mad at me." He pointed out the obvious. "Yup. Have been for a few days now. Can I go?" She tried walking away but he stepped in front of her.

"You suck at apologies but I know you're trying to apologize so you're forgiven... Cool?" Natasha didn't like holding onto grudges but what he said really upset her.

~~~

"You have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real" Rose, a surprise visitor explained to Natasha, Stefan, Elena, and Damon.

"Who is he?" Elena asked. Damon went to answer but Natasha did first, "One of the Originals. He's from the first generation of vampires." Her tone was surprisingly blank, yet she remembered what she saw the previous day. The flashback sequence that seemed to be too realistic for her liking.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked, turning from Natasha to Rose. "No. Elijah was an easter bunny compared to Klaus. He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose explained.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan said, noticing his friend's odd behavior. "So, you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asked.

"Yes." Rose nodded, "No." Stefan said at the same time.

"And, not just you. But Natasha as well. Which is why I told Stefan it was best you be here too." Rose said.

Damon raised an eyebrow as Stefan face palmed. "What they're trying to say, I mean- If what she's saying is true," Damon said, Rose cut him off "Which it is." He glared at her. "And you're not just saying that so we'll kill you." "Which I'm not" She said.

"So, It's a maybe? Good. You could have just started it off that way." Natasha had grown tired of the bickering between Rose and Damon.

"Elijah's dead, right? So no one else knows you two exist." Stefan said as he walked towards the girls. "Not that you know of you." Rose added. "That's not helping." Damon smiled and shook his head.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know he could be some kind of stupid bedtime story or fan fiction." Stefan told them, mainly Elena.

"Fanfiction?" Damon asked, his facial expression was more concerned than confused. "Who the hell would make up fanfiction for a psychopathic, thousand year old, vampire?" He muttered.

"He's not a stupid bedtime story or fan fiction. He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose said, turning to Damon for that last bit.

Elena got up and started walking away. "Where are you going?" Stefan asked. "School. I'm late." She answered, signalling for Natasha, who shook her head slightly. "I'll get my stuff, I'll drive you." Stefan offered. "That's okay. I know where it is." Elena half smiled.