Seventeen

The Birthday.

Natasha looked out the window of the private jet that her, Klaus, and Stefan were on. They had flown from Mystic Falls, Virginia to Beacon Hills, California. And now they were flying from California to Tennessee.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked as he sat down next to Natasha. She turned to face him and raised an eyebrow. He let out a slight chuckle. "You're being offly quiet, and I can tell your anxious because you're digging your nails into the palm of your hand."

"Bonnie, Jenna, and Caroline have been messaging and calling me like crazy. They've left over ten voicemails each worried sick, and I feel awful seeing as I left them without saying a word. I feel like I'm abandoning them in a way." Natasha told Stefan.

Klaus, who'd been seated across the jet, listened from a far with his vamp hearing. He mentally cursed himself for being part of the reason that she was upset. He usually could care less about her friend's feelings, but knowing that Natasha cared so much made him care more than he'd ever admit.

"You didn't abandon them, Nat. You were being selfless and wanted to help me. I know you're here because you're scared I'll become the ripper. If anything you should get mad at me for putting us in this situation."

"It's not your fault, Stefan. It's Damon and Tyler's." Natasha muttered.

"You don't mean that." Stefan said. "Oh, I do. If Damon wasn't stupid enough to playing hero even though you had a plan, then Tyler wouldn't have bitten him. If Tyler didn't bite him then we wouldn't have gone asking Klaus for his blood aka the cure. And the price for the cure was you and I getting roped into this mess just to be exploited for our uncontrollable supernatural abilities."

Both Klaus and Stefan looked at the girl in shock. Her eyes were glowing red and you could tell by the tone in her voice that she was more than pissed off. Neither of the two vampires said another word the entire flight as they thought that she'd snap and cause the plane to go down in flames. And they would have prefered that not to happen.

~~~

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Klaus said with an american accent. "Can I help you?" The blonde woman asked. "Yeah, my, uh, my car ran out of gas a couple miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I'd come to, so I was just hoping I could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?" She asked. "The battery's dead. He never thought to charge it." Natasha said as she walked up to them.

The woman raised an eyebrow as she turned from Natasha to Klaus. "Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone." Klaus told her. "And, uh, why does that require both you and your girlfriend to come up and ask?"

Klaus let out a laugh. "Jealousy, perhaps? No, but, on the real note, I do need a cell phone to use." The blonde let out a sigh. "Sure."

"So... I can come in?" Klaus asked, walking towards the blonde girl. "No. I'll bring the phone and bring it out to you."

"Big mistake." Natasha mumbled. "Excuse me?" The woman asked. "And I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus' accent switched back to normal as he grew annoyed.

"I'm from Florida." The woman told him. "Well, that explains it." He mumbled, then vamp sped up to her and choked her, having her feet no longer touch the ground. "Now show me a little southern hospitality." Klaus compelled her.

"What's going on?" A woman of color who lived in the house with the blonde asked, as she saw her roomate shaking at the hands of Klaus. "Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus said.