Twelve

The Last Dance.

"Where's Natasha? I haven't seen her all morning." Elena asked. "I'm not sure. I haven't been spending time with her recently, not with everything going on." Stefan told her. "She's your best friend, you should be with her more. I don't want to be the reason you guys drift apart."

"You're not. I'll talk to her." He said as they then walked into the history classroom.

They took their seats and Elena pulled out a flyer for the 60s decade dance. Stefan shook his head, Elena rolled her eyes and turned to Bonnie, who nodded. 

Alaric then walked into the classroom, only the person who walked inside was not Alaric Saltzman it was Klaus. He'd taken control of Alaric's body thanks to a witch. "Hello, class. What are we learning today?" He cleared his throat as he opened a text book.

"With the decade dance tonight we've been covering the sixties all week." Natasha said as she walked into the classroom. "Sorry I'm late. My locker got jammed with my history book inside it." She said, walking to her seat next to Bonnie.

Klaric gazed upon the red haired girl as he remembered the reason he were back in Mystic Falls. Only he then remembered he was in the body of her history teacher. Which disgusted him. 

"The sixties." He said, returning to reality. "I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but... actually, they kinda sucked. Except for the beatles, of course. They made it bearable."

"It would be easier if we were to learn about a different decade. One a lot more fun. The twentys, perhaps. But no, the sixties... there was the Cuban missile thing, the- we walked on the moon. There was watergate."

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric." Elena corrected. All the students turned to her. "I- I mean, Mr. Saltzman." 

"Right. It's all kinds of mushes together up here, the sixties, the seventies. Thank you, Elena." He said.

"The twenties would be a good decade for a dance. I'd much rather that than the sixties." Natasha whispered to Caroline, who was sitting in front of her, Caroline turned back and nodded subtly. 

~~~

"What? What are you gonna do?" Jeremy asked Bonnie, as the two were arguing about Bonnie channeling the dead witches to kill Klaus. "I'll burn your ass alive if you speak to her in that tone." Natasha told him quietly enough so only he heard

"Hey, guys. Jeremy, are you sure you're okay living in the house alone with John?" Elena asked as she sat down next to them. "It's not ideal." He said as he got up. "You haven't heard from Jenna, have you?" She asked, "It looks like she's staying on campus. Look. I'm, uh, late for class."

"What's going on?" She turned to Bonnie, "I told him he has to dress up tonight and he got all uptight." 

"Same goes for Natasha apparently." Elena said as she saw Natasha's facial expression. "I'm not in the mood for a dance, I guess." Natasha sighed slightly.

"Hey, Natasha, there you are. Ok. This is going to sound freaky but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight." Dana said as she walked towards the table. "Tell him I'm not in the mood it." Natasha responded.

Dana frowned at  her response. "You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus." She turned her frown into a smile. 

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Elena asked. "His name's Klaus... I know the name is stupid, but I swear he's hot." 

"Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asked as she looked around. "I don't know." Dana responded. "She's been compelled." Elena pointed out. "But he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that? Oh! And before I forget he wanted me to give this rose to you." Dana handed Natasha a red rose with a note attached to its stem.