Thirty One

The Ties That Bind.

"Does it ever drive you crazy? Just how fast the night changes

"Does it ever drive you crazy? Just how fast the night changes."

"Nat," A voice called for the red haired girl. "Go away." Natasha mumbled as she covered her face with a pillow. "Natasha Iris Danvers, get your ass out of bed. Also, can we just talk about how your name had four superheros references. Natasha Romanoff, Iris West, and then Kara and Carol Danvers. Honestly, It's like your parents knew you'd turn out to be a superhero nerd."  

"Spencer?!" Natasha's head shot up as she heard his voice much clearer now. Only when she looked up he was nowhere to be seen. It was only then that she realized that he was still dead. It confused her on how she was hearing him, but she convinced herself it was a dream.

As Natasha was about to turn back onto her side for more sleep she heard her phone buzz. She rolled her eyes as a groan escaped her lips. "What?" Natasha said as she put the phone to her ear not bothering to check who had called.

"That's no way to talk to your favorite vampire." Jenna said. "First time you've called me. How's Denver?" Natasha asked as she sat up properly. "I know you're still upset, and I'm sorry, but I couldn't leave Jeremy alone. Only I think I'm the one who's left alone because Jeremy got a golden retriever and replaced me." 

"A puppy?! And you didn't tell me? I'm going to Denver." Natasha said as she clapped her hands excitedly, hearing Jenna's laugh from the other end of the call. 

"And, guess what he decided to name the dog?" Jenna said. "There are billions of names out there. It would take forever for me to guess correctly." Natasha replied. 

"Alright, fine. I'll just tell you then. The dog's name is Barry. Barry Allen." It was as though Natasha could feel Jenna's warm smile through the phone. "Seriously?" Natasha asked. "Mhm. It's a well known fact that the scarlet speedster is your favorite superhero, and since we miss you, Jeremy decided to name his new feline friend something that would remind him of you."

"I love you guys." Natasha said, a smile forming on her face. "We love you too. And we miss you. You have to visit. Barry is just as fast as the real Barry. I swear this dog makes me use my vamp speed to catch up to him."