Thirty Three

The Mikaelson Ball.

"When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful

"When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful. I don't deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight."

"Hello, darling." Kol smiled at Natasha as he followed after her as she walked into the Mystic Grill. "Kol, nice to see you alive-ish." Natasha said as she went to pull the door open, but Kol beat her to it and gestured for her to enter first.

"You know, I saw the look on your face when my mother showed her face last night. You looked... blank? Like you wanted to say something, but couldn't."

"Yeah well, I wasn't exactly sure what to say to the woman who cursed me a thousand years ago and doomed me to an eternity of misery just because I had a crush on her son." Natasha said.

"Which son? Because she has four." Kol grinned. "Finn is too dull and old, no offense to him. Elijah's not my personal cup of tea, you are something else. I know you liked me, and I know I liked you."

"What can I say, I have a thing for witches." Kol shrugged as he signaled for the bartender to attend them.

He stared at her while. His gaze fixed on her lips. Natasha smiled as she received a photo of Jenna, Jeremy, and Barry. Kol didn't notice the smile that formed on his own lips as he saw her.

"Would you like to join me as my date to the ball my family is hosting?" Kol blurted out without thinking it through.

"You're hosting a dance?" Natasha asked. "It was my mother's idea, of course you would have known if you hadn't fled my house yesterday when she arrived."

"Say yes and make Klaus jealous. The hybrid dick didn't even bother asking you. It's past noon. He should have asked the second he woke up." Spencer said from besides Natasha.

"Natalia?" Kol waved in front of her face, as he was not aware of Spencer being seated two seats away from him.

"Natasha. My apologies, but it has been over ninety years since I've been out of my box and almost two hundred years since I've seen you."

"It's alright, Kol. I'm not sure if I'll be going to the ball. If I do I'll let you know." Natasha smiled reassuringly.

"Okay." Kol said, a slight frown on his face as he knew his brothers were planning on asking Natasha as well. And he knew she'd say yes.

~~~

Natasha heard the doorbell from her the living room. She ignored it and continued writing in her journal. "I can't believe you said now to Kol. He's cute." Spencer said as he fell onto the couch dramatically.