Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine.

"Natasha, love, right on time

"Natasha, love, right on time. Come with me." Rebekah smiled as she grabbed Natasha's wrist and dragged her into the cafeteria, where she'd been organizing the senior Decade Dance. 

"Caroline's going to have a fit." Natasha laughed, Rebekah raised an eyebrow. "Am I supposed to care?" 

"What the hell?!" Caroline winned as she entered the room seconds after, looking around to see the party committee working without her. 

Caroline stormed up to Matt, "What is this?" She folded her arms. "It's the decade dance, remember? You made us sign up for it." Matt answered as he set a cardboard box with red solo cups down.

"No... This! The twenties. We're doing the seventies." Caroline said as she grabbed a purple feather boa and dropped it with an eye roll.

"You were right. She's having a fit." Rebekah hummed. "It's too flashy, people. It's supposed to be a speakeasy, not the world fair." Rebekah then said as she ordered a few people around.

"Oh, good, you're here. We need help setting up tables, so get to it." She grinned, pointing a pen at Caroline, signalling fro her to go. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Caroline asked, in an annoyed tone. "Somebody has to be in charge." Rebekah shrugged. "Yeah, me. I'm the chair of the dance committee. The theme of the decade dance is the seventies."

"So you'd rather dress in tacky colors with bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age. Honestly, I don't see what anyone would see in you." Rebekah stated.

"Well, maybe people see a challenge. You see, unlike some other people, I don't sleep with everyone I make eye contact with." Caroline sneered. 

"Woah, woah, woah. There's a time and place for everything, but slut shaming will not be allowed anywhere at any time. That is extremely rude, Caroline." Natasha said as she dragged Caroline back from Rebekah.

"Thank you, Nat. You see I understand what my brother sees in you." Rebekah smiled, earning a glare from Caroline. 

"Maybe we can do both decades?" Matt suggested. "No." Both blondes said in unison. "Go on, Matt, don't be a coward. You know you loved my twenties idean when I presented it to the group." Rebekah sighed.

"Traitor!" Caroline scoffed. "Bell bottoms and disco? I don't know, this just seems cooler." Matt shrugged. "See? It's just cooler. Nat, what do you think?" This causing Caroline's head to turn sharply.

"Sorry, Care. But from what I was told about the twenties... It seems like a better decade." Natasha told her. Rebekah grinned as Caroline threw her arms in the air in defeat and groaned. 

"Whatever. Have fun at your stupid dance." Caroline snapped before storming out like a child. 

Rebekah turned to Natasha, "And you're friends with her? I like Bonnie better." Before Natasha could say anything else Rebekah had gone back to ordering people around.