CHAPTER 1

Nine Years Ago. . .

Dream sat on one of the couches, a book in hand and a toddler Tommy sitting on the other's lap quietly as he read. “As fate had said, Lucia died saving the universe from its destruction. But don’t be sad, they say the spirit of Lucia still watches over this universe happily, watching it flourish because of her sacrifice.” Tommy looked up to his older brother with shining blue eyes. 

“Is that true?” Dream smiled, chuckling a bit too. 

“Who knows Tommy, it could be a true legend.” The avian's eyes sparkled with interest. 

“I want it to be true!” Tommy excitedly yells, wings fluttering in the process. Dream smiles at the childs actions, ruffling his hair as he laughs. 

“Then, it’s true.” Tommy smiles happily, though Dream didn’t ignore the five year olds droopy eyes. “I think it’s time for bed.” Dream declares, standing up with Tommy in his arms, ready to carry the child to his bedroom. 

“No! Please, one more story?” Dream chuckles, shaking his head no. Tommy seemed disappointed in his answer, laying his head down on the others shoulder as they began their walk to his bedroom. 

“Tommorrow night you can pick out an extra long one, ok?” The child seemed happy with this, nodding vigorously. 

The soft spot you have for this child is going to be the death of you.” Night chuckles, making Dream himself smile a bit. 

I know it will be. 

Three Days After The Battle. . . 

“Please let me go!” Tommy begged, clawing at the chains that bound him to the room. Dream sat at the door looking at him, but the mask was still on, giving off no emotions. Tommy was furious, his hands were shackled and so were his wings, angry tears running down his face. “I don’t want to be here, Dream!” 

“Tommy I-”

“I hate you!” Tommy screamed interrupting who he had thought was his older brother. “I hate you. You fucked me over too many times to count, I can’t ever forgive you.” The room grew quiet at the others words, Dream leaving a few minutes after. 

“You don’t mean that.” Is all dream said as he left, shutting and locking the door behind him. The avian's fists balled, his wings desperately trying to fan out because of the little movement they had. He used to love this place, calling it home once. Now, it was his prison. 

+ + +

    Six Years Ago. . .

Tubbo giggled, dancing around the medium sized living room on clumsy feet, music playing in the background as he did so. “What are you doing kiddo?” Tubbo looked up to see his father there, huge smile on his face but brow rose up. Tubbo smiled brightly, running over to his father, hands grabbing his hands and pulling him into the living room with him. 

“Dancing! I wanna practice for the school dance!” The father laughed at the explanation, ruffling his son's brown hair but stopping when Tubbo winced. The smile fell a bit, Schlatt kneeling down to his son's height and moving some of his hair out of the way, “Dad?” His eyes watched the other's facial expression, seeing it turn from concern to happiness. “Dad, what is it?” 

“Your horns are growing in!” Tubbo’s own eyes sparkled, his hands reaching atop of his head to feel where his horns where. His father watched in amusement before helping the other find them. Once he felt the small bumps of his horns he gasped, a toothy smile appearing quickly. 

“Dad, I’m just like you!” Schlatt laughed again, hugging his ten year old son close to himself. “Will I have horns just like yours?” the departed, both still smiling greatly. 

“Yes, yours will be just like mine tubs.” The father kissed his son's forehead, ruffling his hair again but this time avoiding where the horns were coming in. “Your horns will be just as strong, and they’ll make you just as brave. A goat's horns are everything to our kind. But you have my genes so you have nothing to worry about squirt.” Tubbo giggled, hugging his father again. Schlatt hugged back, happiness overflowing the family home. “You know I love you, right Tubbo?” The huge ended, the ten year old looking at his father still smiling.

“Yes! And I love you too dad!” 

Present. . . 

Tubbo sat in front of his fathers grave with his forehead against the stone, tears silently flowing as the memory disbanded. His father was gone. He couldn’t deny it any longer. “I love you dad…” He choked out, wishing that his father could answer back. His fists balled, himself shaking. He’d get revenge for his father, he’d kill the one who killed him. Dream was the first person on Tubbo’s kill list. 

Tubb snapped out of his dark thoughts when two lanky arms engulfed him into a hug. At first The goat hybrid didn’t reciprocate it, but when Ranboo leaned his head against the top of his own he turned around hugging the enderman close. “I-I’m sorry Tubbo. If I had seen it sooner- if I had said something sooner, maybe he wou-” 

“It wasn’t your fault, it was that green bastards fault.” Ranboo grew quiet to this, the gravesite growing silent as the two best friends sat hugging. Tubbo eventually made a move, getting up and out of Ranboo’s arms, who slowly followed suit. As they were leaving, Tubbo knew he couldn’t keep his plan from Ranboo. “I’m going to kill Dream, for what he did Ranboo.” The half and half looked at the other in surprise. 

“Ok, I won't stop you.”