V

Your hands laid jittery at the wheel. The thoughts spun in your head.

Was this a date?

Is it weird I'm in my work clothes?

Is he nervous?

Are you overthinking this?

Simple answer: yes.

You finally pulled into the parking lot and your head fell upon the wheel. A large breath fell and you hoped your chest would loosen up. You shook your head. It's just dinner, why were you getting so worked up? The door swung open and your black stilettos hit the asphalt. You didn't have enough time to change so business casual it was. You flattened your black pencil skirt and adjusted your white collared shirt using the back up mirror. You finally put one foot in front of the other and entered the building.

Wilbur stood in front of the lobby still towering you even in high heels. He gave a soft smile and removed his hands from his pocket to wave. He had a nice knitted green sweater and khakis on. Maybe you were overdressed.

He shook his head and looked you up and down, he then caught himself and cleared his throat.

"Hello Y/N, looking shabby this evening." He said with a deviant smile. You rolled your eyes at him and smiled.

"I had to come straight from work." A sigh left your system as well as a meek smile. He used his hand to guide you to the table.

"Oh, sorry." He said a faint awkward laugh leaving his mouth. He pulled the chair out for you.

"No your fine... and thank you!" You sat and he rushed to sit in front of you. He pulled his chair up closer causing a loud squeaking.

Both of your faces pinched tightly from the sound. Then you both filled the restaurant with your loud laughs. You felt the other people at the restaurant look at you but you didn't care. Laughing with him was so fun. You could probably laugh with each other over an apple and it'd still be enjoyable. As you came down from your laughs both of your eyes met and became glassy, He initiated a small tender smile. You become enamored and didn't realized you placed your elbows on the table. As well as your head on your hands to lean closer to him. He turned pink and pulled back to reality.

"Shall we eat?"

Your smile shook away and your eyes widened.

"Yea! Do you have any recommendations?"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
Later
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

You didn't even realize how long you were out for until your phone woke to tell you it was eleven thirty at night. But you didn't care, as you walked through the quiet dark street with him life was still. It was nice to just enjoy each others company, no pressures of a first date, no time to be home by, just living. Will told you all about how he started streaming and how music was his passion. You felt a spark light up in him when he talked about music, you could relate to him because you felt the same with writing.

"The things that light you up really bring out the best in yourself and everyone around you." You said head down watching your heels hit the pavement.

Wilbur stopped in his tracks, his hands still emerged in his pockets. His body perfectly framed under a street light. He paused and looked up at you only showing a soulful smile. His smile glowed under the dim lighting. You didn't notice until you stopped and turned towards him.

"What?" You said playfully. He shook his head softly in response, and his smile rose bigger as his cheeks grew pink.

His eyes turned upwards towards you and chills multiplied on your back. Your face dropped flat as you watched him step closer to you. The feeling of heat once again entered your system as his feet finally planted inches away from you. You heard your heart quicken in response. You saw his breath cultivate in the cold and your chin tilted upwards to take him in. He gave a soft smile, his eyes still beamed under the dim lighting.

"That's a great way of putting it." He said, his voice velvety and low. His eyes grew glassy as he looked towards your lips and back to your eyes.

Your breath shuddered in response. Then a cold feeling hit your head and more came after. You both looked up to see the rain come down faster and faster. He smiled back at you, rain drops hitting his head softly.

"Let me walk you back to your car." He said softly turning his shoulder.

You watched him pace slowly looking up at the clouds. You admired him walking, his long strides hit the new forming puddles in front of you. You became startled as your head rushed with thought of him, then adjusted your shoes and caught up. You watched him, now besides you walk casually, you couldn't help but stare. His eyes glistened in the low lighting now being reflected by the wet pavement. He looked towards your eyes and smiled. You turned you vision away to see your car ahead.

Was this already done? You supposed it wasn't a date but your feelings told you otherwise. You felt a rise of emotions when you talked to him, and maybe that was the vulnerability of you just getting out of a terrible relationship. Should you have told him that? He finally planted his feet in front of your car and you followed short.

"Thank you Will, this was really nice." You said sheepishly smiling clutching your purse.

He nodded and took a breath.

"You think we could hangout again sometime?" His hand reached to the back of his neck, rubbing it nervously.

"Yes that'd be great." You said shortly and gently smiled. His hand dropped and reached for yours.

You extended your hand to his and felt his delicate touch. A heat arose in you as his fingers made their way through yours. He caressed your palm and you felt yourself melt in his touch. His eyes made their way towards yours. A sense arousal fell into your stomach, your eyes met his in response. His face leaned in closer to yours and you felt his breath on your neck. In a moment you decided to take charge, and your lips met his cheek. You pulled away quickly after and you saw his face go red.

You stepped to the side and opened your car door. He stood planted the rain coming quicker by the moment his eyes not leaving yours. They beamed reflecting off the street light looking up at you. He smiled and his hand made a slow single wave.

"See you later Will!" You said cheery and playful. You hopped into your car and took a breath.

Wow.