один-1

RUSSIA

RUSSIA

"Спасибо" (Thank you)

I said to the old man who was standing behind the till, his hands shook slightly as he handed me my change, I gave him a polite smile in return.

I stash the change in my coat pocket along with the receipt, I moved to grab the bag that's resting on the counter and made a move to leave the shop. The chimes above the door rattled indicating someone had either walked into the small building or left.

I wrap my coat around my body as much as I could seeing as my hands had started turning blue from the cold weather.

I take a look at my surroundings and examined the stalls that surrounded the street. How these people could work in cold conditions would be a mystery. But then again I guess people would do anything for the money.

It doesn't take me long to walk back to my apartment seeing as it's just a few blocks away from Adams shop.

Slowly, I walked up onto the concrete steps that lead to my front door, I brushed my jacket out of the way so I could reach for my gun that had been stashed in the back of my Jean pocket.

Am I paranoid? very.
Do I have a reason? Yes.

Hesitantly, I opened my door and raised my gun so it's facing down the hallway, I placed my bag down on the the small table that's underneath the coatrack as I slammed the door shut with my boots.

Something didn't feel right once I had entered my house.

My eyes scanned all the rooms that are downstairs. Once I see that they are all clear I make my way to the stairs.

I start to move up onto the first step, but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a creak coming from the wooden floor boards above.

I waited a couple of more seconds, hoping it was just me hearing things.

I really wasn't in the mood today, all I wanted to was just stuff my face with junk food while I binge watch some old movies.

I made sure that the safety on my gun was off, once I had done that I made my way up the steps my gun still raised. But once I had gotten half way something didn't feel right.

As I made it to the last step I quickly rolled out of the way, dogging the punch the person was about to deliver. I quickly stood up and pointed my gun at the familiar red head.

Natasha.

"You should know better than to sneak up on me, сестра." I say my Russian accent still present. "Technically, you're not my sister" she shot back, I ignored the small pang in my chest and quickly got back onto topic. "Now I know you didn't come here to play big sister. So what is it that you want?" I said as I slowly lowered my gun. A small frown made its way on her face, not used to the blunt tone. She should've expected it but she had to remind herself that this wasn't the same Lana she grown up with in Ohio.