семнадцать-17

"bruce gave him a sedative

     "bruce gave him a sedative." Rhodey announced as he walked into the room, "he's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." Steve looked down towards the floor not exactly knowing what to say.

     "you guys take care of him and I'll bring him a Xorrian elixir when I come back." Carol said to the group.

    "Where are you going?"

     "To kill Thanos." she replied bluntly.

     Natasha and Steve shared a look, "hey. You know, we usually work as a team here.. and, uh, between you and I, morale's a little fragile." Nat said to the blonde, "we realise up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too." Steve joined in.

     "You even know where he is?"

     "I know people who might."

     "don't bother." Nebula said from the other side of the room, "I can tell you where Thanos is."

    ---

     "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask... where would we go once his plan was complete? and his answer was always the same." she walked towards the table, " 'to the garden.' "

     "That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey joked, "so, where is he?" Steve wan in no mood for jokes, he just wanted to get to the point.

     Rocket had pulled up a hologram of the world, "When Thanos snapped his fingers, earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago..." the hologram changed a few times until it landed on a planet.

     "On this planet." It was silent until Nebula spoke, "Thanos is there."

     Natasha moved closer to the hologram, "He used the stones again." Banner let out light chuckle, "Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in shorthanded you know?"

     "Look, he's still got the stones, so-"
"So let's get 'em. Use them to bring everyone back." Carol said, "Just like that?"

     "Yeah. Just like that."

     "Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this.. I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha didn't want to get her hopes up that this would work, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try and make it work. She just wanted her sisters back.

     "If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?"
Bruce wasn't in the mood to be mushed in that iron suit again. But if what they were about to do has a chance of working out then he would.

    "Because before you didn't have me." The blonde spoke with confidence. "Hey , new girl? Everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey said to Carol.