шестнадцать-16

Natasha watched as her sister slowly  turned to dust, her eyes widened in realization

They had lost.

She looked down at her hands and saw the ash, she couldn't control the tear that had fallen from her eye. She watched as the dust slipped through her fingers and was blown away by the wind. 

It was silent.

The only thing that could be head was the rustle from the trees and the pleads from the others around her.

She thought about how hard Lana had looked for her. She also thought about how she did nothing to try and find Lana.

All she wanted was to forget her past and move on.

Natasha let her mind wander to her other sister- Yelena. Had she disappeared as well? What about Melina? Despite what happened in the past she also thought about Alexi.

And of course her best friend Clint. She had told him about Lana and Yelena but not too much. She didn't want to remember a lot from her past.

Natasha's mind was clouded with thoughts. Had she failed as a sister? Of course not, but somehow all these different thoughts were slowly changing that opinion.

She had just gotten them back and now they're gone.

Again.

——

The remaining six along with Rhodey and Pepper were back at the Avengers compound. Waiting and hoping to get some good news from Tony, who was still stuck in space somewhere.

Nat was startled when she saw everything around her shake.  She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion not having a clue as to what was happening.

She got up to go outside to see what was going on, the rest following her out. The team watched as a beaten up ship came down from the sky.

Pepper was watching with anticipation hoping that it would be her soon to be husband. The glowing woman who had brung the space craft down, made sure that the ship landed gently, not wanting to cause any damage.

Steve ran ahead of everyone else as he saw his old friend struggle to walk down the steps. The billionaire was being supported by a blue and purple woman.

"Couldn't stop him." Was the first thing he had said to the solider, "Neither could I."

"Hang on." The genius stopped Steve, "I lost the kid." He managed to say. Steve looked at him, understanding what he meant. "Tony we lost."

"Is uh..? Oh god." He breathed out in relief when he saw his partner, words couldn't describe how much weight had been lifted from his shoulders upon seeing pepper. He still had someone.