девятнадцать-19

The world had changed in many ways one the past five years

The main factor of course- half the population vanishing, but not only had the world changed.. people had changed one of them being, Clint Barton. He hasn't had contact with any of his friends after the snap, loosing his family was his breaking point. And it was understandable, but his actions was not the right way to go. However, Natasha didn't even get a goodbye it was bad enough she didn't get to see Yelena one last time.

The snap really took a toll on Nat- it took a toll on everyone but the widow had never felt so alone, of course she still has Steve and Tony but she would forever miss the presence of her two sisters. She would often visit those same stone walls with her sisters names on it hoping by some miracle they would be back by her side again.

Natasha cut through her peanut butter sandwich while she listened to rocket on the holographic video, "yeah, we boarded that highly-suspect warship Danvers pinged." he informed everyone.

"it was an infectious garbage scow."

"so, thanks for the hot tip."

"well you were closer." Carol told him, "yeah. And now we smell like garbage." Natasha wasn't amused by their bickering so she asked, "you get a reading on those tremors?"

" 'Twas a mild subduction under the African plate." Okoye announced, "do we have a visual? how are we handling it?"

"Nat. it's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it." Nat nodded her head, feeling tears well in her eyes, "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" she asked the blonde, "Not likely." it wasn't long until rocket jumped in and made a comment, "What? you gonna get another haircut?"

"Listen, fur face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets."

Rocket sighed in defeat, "All right, all right, that's a good point. Thats a good point." he repeated, carol turned towards the half ginger half blonde, "So, you might not see me for a long time."

"All right. Uh, well... this channel's always active. So if anything goes sideways.. anyones making trouble where they shouldn't, comes through me."  everyone told her that they understood. one by one they left they call, everyone except Rhodey.

Natasha was tired and on the verge of tears, she had to look twice to make sure that Rhodey was still there and she want seeing things.  "where are you?" she asked him, "Mexico. The Federales found a room full of bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys never even had the chance to get their guns off." as much as Rhodey didn't like it he knew it was Clint and so did Natasha but that wasn't him, "It's probably a rival gang."

"except it isn't. It's definitely Barton." Natasha looked down at the table, "what he's done here..what he's been doing for the last few years. I mean, the scene that he left I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even wanna find him." he admitted. Natasha was on the verge of tears.

She sat there as she accepted what the man in front of her told her about Clint. "Will you find out where he's going next?" she asked as she took a bite out of her sandwich, Rhodey's heart broke a little as he looked at her. She wasn't alright. "Nat?"

"please?" she just wanted her best friend back. "Okay." he muttered before leaving.

Now that he was finally gone, Natasha cried. She cried for Clint. She cried for Yelena. She cried for Lana. She cried for everyone else she had lost.

"you know, I'd offer to cook you dinner, but you seems pretty miserable already." Steve said, making the widow gain her composure realising she had been caught. She put on a smile "You here to do your laundry?" she joked "and to see a friend."

"clearly, your friend is fine." lie.

Steve looked down and thought about what he would say next "You know, I saw a pod of whales when I was coming over the bridge." he said trying to keep the subject less upsetting "in the Hudson?" she asked surprised. "Theres fewer ships, cleaner water."

"You know, if you're about to tell me to look on the bright side, um.. i'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich." she threatened in a friendly manner. Steve smiled slightly "sorry." he apologised as he moved to sit down opposite to her "force of habit." he placed his keys on the table. it was silent for some time both of them too lost in thought to start a conversation.

"you know I keep telling everybody they should move on.. and grow. Some do. But not us." Nat slowly nodded her head, taking in every word the man said "if I move on, who does this?" she asked the super soilder "maybe it doesn't need to be done."

Natasha shook her head the tears back in her eyes, "I used to have nothing. And then I got this. This job. This family. My sisters. And I was better because of it." her voice started to shake slightly opening up was something she hated doing, but when she talked to Tony about every single thing. It was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, but now talking to Steve a year later felt different. maybe it was because she was re-living it all again. "And even though they're gone... I'm still trying to be better."

"I think we both need to get a life." which earned a smile from Natasha "you first." they were soon interrupted by a sound of a device ringing, Natasha was quick to accept it.

"Oh, hi, hi!" a familiar voice echoed through the speakers. "uh, is anyone home? This is, uh, Scott Lang.  We met a few years ago at the airport... in Germany? I was the guy that got really big. I had a mask on. You would recognize me."  Scott tried getting their attention "is this an old message?"

"Ant- Man? I know you know that."  Natasha mood brightened up once she realised "It's the front gate."

"I really need to talk to you guys."

--

A/N- It's been a while since I updated

A/N- It's been a while since I updated. And I know this is a Bucky fic but I wanted Lana to have a background first. However after TFATWS I was gonna do a whole ass story with Bucky, Sam, Lana and Yelena and maybe some others. And I've got some amazing ideas. I would like to get this planned out before the new captain America comes out.

Hope you enjoyed. Please don't be a silent reader and tell me what you thought!