XXVI

Donghyuck knocked on Jeno's apartment at midnight, Renjun had talked to him about Jeno's distant behaviour.
"HYUCK! What the hell!"
"Jeno, a word with you? Follow me."
" What is wrong? Did I do something? Tell me, Hyuckie?"
Donghyuck just dragged him to the parking lot, "Get in."
" W-Why... wha-t's wrong? You're scaring me!"
" Shut up and get in the car!"
Jeno obliged Donghyuck's command, he stayed quiet as we waited for Hyuck to speak.

" What is going on, Jeno?"
" What are you talking about?"
" Why are you ignoring everyone? Now, you're even trying to stop Jisung from hanging out with Chenle?"
" I ... uh.. I-"
" Stop stammering and fucking tell me."
" Hyckie, I feel guilty, burdened. I don't know what to do!"
" You know how I was against the idea of letting Chenle tutor Jeno, I didn't want together involved with Renjun and Jaemin. They were your friends Hyuck but they helped us so much, I feel overwhelmed. I wanna repay but how will I ever do that? Then... then... they confessed." Tears gushed out of younger's eye as he choked on a sob.

He stayed quiet for a while, Donghyuck rubbed his hair.
" All my life, I just hoped for a mate who'd put end to my misery but Hyuckie, I never imagined that I'd end up like this. Renjun and Jaemin are mates, they have known each other for years. Their families must know each other, their background is so different. What would their families think about me? Won't they think of me as a needy bitch interfering with other's healthy relationships. It's too much! I can't do that!"
" if this is your first and last chance at finding love are you willing to let it go?" Donghyuck asked softly.

Jeno looked in Donghyuck's eyes, he bit back his sob and nodded.

" I know... Jisung likes Chenle, I don't want anyone causing problems for him because of my selfishness. Tell me, Hyuckie... what should I do? How did I end up like this? I give it my all, if a day goes by peacefully,  I thank god a million time before sleeping." Jeno's sobs broke Donghyuck's heart.

"Shh...baby. You should give them a chance you know."

" They are so sweet and I know they'd do anything for me... I can't give them anything in return."
"They just need your love, that's the only thing they need." Haechan hugged Jeno tightly.
" I don't think I deserve all this."
"Baby, you deserve a lot more than you think. I know you're scared and overwhelmed, but think about it."

Jeno didn't say anything.

" Let's go back, Jisung must be worried."

Jeno agreed.

" Hyung, I need to tell you something." Jisung blurted as soon as older boys came back.
" What is it?" Jeno asked.

"I... I... uhh, I'm shy." Jisung covers his face.

" Chenlesaidhelikesme."
"WHAT?" Two pair of voices yelled.
" Chenlesaidhelikesme."
" Slow down!"
" Chenle confessed that he likes me few days ago."
"When?" Jeno inspected.
" The day he brought me back home."

Jeno looked a Haechan who just shrugged in return.
"So...?" Jeno asked.
" I-I like him too, but I think he deserves much better."

Donghyuck groaned, " He likes you, you like him. Who are you to decide who he deserves? He likes you, that should be enough to answer your question. Problem arises you think, you deserve someone better than him."

Jisung quickly shook his head and hands.

"No no no, that's not the case. I definitely don't deserve someone like him, he is the perfect person I could ever ask for."

" Both of you need to learn how to love yourself. You guys are so pathetic." " I need a drink." Donghyuck sighed.

" Are you pregnant?" Jisung asked donghyuck, " No, did I forget to tell you that I was on pills?"
"Hmm.."
"Awww..."

" Yea, I'll sleep here."
" Yay!" Jisung clapped his hands.

"Renjun, stop drinking!"
" please, don't stop me." Renjun whispered as he rested his head on Jaemin's chest.
" Alpha, do you also think, what I did that night was wrong, I shouldn't have jumped on him." Jaemin sighed...
" It was bound to happen anyway. So, no, it's not your fault. However, I do think that Jeno needs time and assurance that we are serious about him. We need to show him that we want him and that we'll do anything for him."

" Jeno is like an abandoned puppy, he has been fending for himself for so long, it's become a habit. It's hard for him to accept things the easy way."
"Hyuck told me, he thinks that someone helping him must seek help from him as well. Otherwise, why would someone help a person like him?"

" Maybe we need start off with small things, and just reassure him that it's fine, we just want his trust in return."

" Hyuck said that he was going to give Jeno his unused clothes. Maybe, we should give him some of our clothes too."
" Baby, how do you even come up with such ideas? You can't give your clothes to him, instead give them to Hyuck so that he can give them. Help him without letting him know that you're helping him. That's the only way he'll accept our stuff."

"fine."

" CHENLE!"
" Yea, ge?"
" Do you like Jisung?"
" YES!"
" Enough to introduce him to our parents?"
" Yes, ge! I'll introduce him to family as soon as possible . That is, only if he agrees."

" I need you to meet Jeno, tell him that you're serious about Jisung and that you want to claim him as your mate."

Chenle's eyes widened, " What's the rush?"
" So, you're not serious enough!"
" Jaemin hyung, what's wrong with him? I'll meet Jeno hyung first thing in the morning."

" Good morning, hyung. Can I talk to you for a bit?"
" Good morning to you too, Chenle. Do you want me to call Jisung as well?"
" No, hyung just you."
" Okay."
They went to the parking lot. " Hyung, I don't know if you have already figured it out or not yet but I need to confess something."
" You like Jisung, I know."
" Yes, Hyung. I need your permission to pin after him."
"But you have already told him that, what permission are you talking about?"

Chenle paused to think for a second, " Hyung, I know that I confessed to him but I haven't shown him how serious I am about him. I need your permission to show him that I only want him."
" Boy, your gibberish is making no sense to me, but if I see my brother crying because of you, I'll rip your balls off!"

" Jisung's inside, go talk to him first."

" Thanks, hyungie! I love you and so does my brother."

" Shut up and leave before I change my mind." Jeno grumbled.
" you just need to lighten up, I think you need kissies from your lovers!" Chenle blurted before running inside.