XXII.

XXII. Small Truths Or Big Lies (2)
J U L I A
• • •
*Friday*

As we pull into the driveway Julian meets us at the car once again. I give him a big hug, god I miss how close we were only a few weeks ago.

"Hey there little man" Julian fits bumps Cristopher before bro hugging Ezekiel.

"How's it going sister"

"Things have gotten crazier then the last time I saw you, but how's our girl Gene and the baby" I give him a soft smile, I know what she's going through, being pregnant with a magic baby it's hard harder then you'd think.

"She hasn't had anymore episodes and she has regain her appetite" He awkwardly scratches the black of his neck, I can sense he's still recovering from the last episode.

"She'll be fine don't worry so much" I playfully push his shoulder trying to lighten up the mood a little.

I grab my bags from the trunk and make my way inside to my room. Knowing Amelia she'll keep a room for me forever since she's already kept it for a couple of years now. Aubrey stops me at the steps, her eyes wide and a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Auntie Julies" She screams as she runs and clings her arms around my waist.

"Hey little mama" I sit my bags downs, returning her hug.

"I have to show you something" She cheers grabbing my arm and pulling me upstairs, I just barely grabbed my bags.

She leads me up the stairs and past my old room to her and Arabelle's room. She probably wants me to play with her since I was too busy last visit.

"Are you ready" She continues smiling.

"Uh yeah" I slightly question her raising my eyebrow at her.

She opens the door,

"I just love your new room, don't you just love it" I'm shocked when I see my dream room from when I was a teenager me and Amelia would go on Google or Pinterest to search for ideas of the perfect room.

It's everything I dreamed about, from the balcony to the nude and mauve bed set with a couple of pillows, two light up mirrors on either side of the bed. I gasp when I walk into the bathroom it's got a perfect sized jacuzzi bath tub and a decent size stand up shower with marble finished counters. I wonder if... I dash to the walk in closet, I'm astounded when I see the huge body mirror, the array of clothes from my grunge style to my style now, there's even all my old clothes and shoes plus more shoes. She went all out on the decor and don't let me forget about the makeup vanity with all my usual products and a desk set up for my writing.

"Look at how big the tv is Aunt Julies" I walk back out the closet and watch as Aubrey jumps up and down on my bed flipping through all my favorite channels even has Netflix, YouTube and Prime video logged in for me with my own profile so I can watch whatever I want.

I begin to feel flushed as this sting forms on my cheeks. Oh my god am I crying? I bring my finger tips to my checks realizing I am crying. I'm s-so happy I-I don't k-know how to t-thank her.

"Auntie are you okay" She hops on the bed- my bed and tug at Ezekiel's light weight slightly oversized plaid shirt.

"Yes I'm just happy I can't believe you mom did all this for me" I sniffle looking down at her as her eyes light up again.