X.

X. "Tachdadh air ìnean meirgeach, Dominus" (2)
E Z E K I E L
• • •
*Thursday

"Darlin please wake up" I whine holding her left hand in my right.

I look up at her beautiful face even with the bruises and stitches she's so precious. I cup her face in my left hand rubbing her cheek with my thumb. I don't know what I'd do if she died. She's my world. No matter what shes always been my lass. I still remember the day I met Julia Dior in 6th grade, I was the new transfer student with a juvie warp sheet. Yeah, I was a bad boy even as a young lad. I shrugged into geometry class 45 minutes late with a black eye.

"Your late Mr." The old lass spoke through her nose.

"Faustus" I bite back.

While all the other kids stayed quiet out of fear Julia rose from her chair and stood next to me laughing. She continued to laugh like a witch before clearing her throat,

"Stop staring before I give you something to stare at" She grumbled with her very high yet sophisticated ponytail and making bangs.

After that day everybody stared. It never ended, I was always causing mischief which involuntary left me in the midst of all school stereotypes. But my lass on the other hand kept to her studies as well as slithering her beautifully annoying self into being my best friend. We never left each other's sides until freshman year. That's when shit turned upside down and every piece of hope was lost for Julia and me.

There's still one question I've never asked, was she pregnant before I left? I don't know exactly how to ask her without hurting her considering if she was she'd have to think about everything that happened after I "died".

"Ezekiel" I hear a faint groan, I look up at my lass only to see her shaking with her eyes rolling back.

"HELP, someone help us she's seizing" I scream as I hit the (call) button.

I hear the code blue, as the nurses run into the room with a crash cart. My heart drops, when she stops breathing and the young nurse pages the neurologist on call, Clarity.

"Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" That same young nurse says without looking me in my eyes.

"Save the protocol bullshit for someone else, lass" I bite back, knowing I'll hear all that shit from Clarity.

"Push 500-mg dilantin" Clarity demands as she pulls out her stethoscope to check her heart rhythms.

"She's not responsive"

"Everyone step back, charge paddles to 300" she says again.

"Clear" she shocks her.

I drop to my knees and pray that if there is a god that he sends her back to me.

"Feuch an toir thu mo thighearna air ais thugam" I speak out loud causing the nurses to stare at me.

"Someone get him out of here" that nurse shouts.

"Dia feuch an leig thu beò i" I repeat.

"Wait leave him in here her heart rate is back" Clarity barks.

"But what about protocol" she hisses.