C͓̽h͓̽a͓̽p͓̽t͓̽e͓̽r͓̽ 1͓̽1͓̽

Orthon made his way through thick undergrowth and through spiky brambles and thorn bushes. How did Venus ever get through this mess? He had to keep himself from tripping over roots. Her former cottage lay just ahead. When it finally came into view, he had to dodge the thorny bushes that surrounded it and the overgrown greenery. What a mess.

When he finally got through it all, he made his way through the cottage door that barley stood in place. The air smelled musty. Dust crowded the corners of the walls. He looked around the cottage. This is where Venus had stayed for so many years of her life. It was small but it seemed as if she tried to keep the inside as clean as she could considering it was abandoned when she found it. The living room had an old couch that she most likely didn't buy and was probably already here. There was a small table near an old oven and one chair was beside it. A small microwave was on the counter as well as a toaster. He looked through the drawers and found a few pieces of silverware and the dish washer had a spoon or two in there. Orthon then made his way to a small hallway where a bathroom was. It looked well kept. He then went into her bedroom. There was an old smaller bed with a nightstand and a lamp on top. A small tv stood on a shelf. It looked like Venus didn't live off much but it must of been enough because she thrived here for 10 years. Part of Orthon felt proud of his daughter but he pushed it away. She was a nuisance. He was a demon. She was an accident. She was never meant to happen.
He looked through her stuff. She didn't have much. She had some hair supplies and body lotion in the bathroom as well as stuff to wash with. She didn't have much food in her fridge. Her pantry had cheap canned foods. She even had a library with mythology books and spell books, things to help her understand the supernatural, to help her survive. He suddenly began to feel for her again, sympathize in a way. He then shook his head. He needed to get out of here before any other emotions overwhelmed him. He made his way out of the cottage and back into the forest. Sunlight gleamed through the canopy and birdsong echoed all around him. The vibe here was peaceful and reassuring. He sort of understood why Venus called this home. It was nice and beautiful.

As he made his way over the irritating nature again, a snap of a twig made him turn. He scanned the forest. No one. Probably just an animal. He made his way down a spiraling path, suddenly having an uneasy feeling, the feeling of being watched. That was when the sound of a voice called his name.
"Orthon!"
Orthon spun around to see a figure stalking toward him, two companions flanking it. The figure was an older man, scar slashed down his face.
Apollyon
He was familiar with the demon. That meant the other two flanking him were demons. He braced himself. The thought of them coming in peace was false. Their expressions were full of malice.
They skidded to a halt in front of him.
"Orthon." Apollyon greeted coldly.
"Hi." he replied, feeling nervous.
"Why hiding so deep in the forest eh?"
Orthon fought for words.
"It's peaceful here."
Apollyon glared at him. "You never hang out in forest. A forest is the last place a demon would hang out or a cottage. Why so much interest in it, hmm?"
Orthon glared back. "It's not interest. Maybe I admire nature and want to spend time in it."
Apollyon made his way closer to Orthon until his breath was in Orthon's ear.
"Or you have a daughter that used to live in that cottage."
Orthon reared back.
"Daughter? You're crazy! Demons can't have children!"
Apollyon got close again. "You did."
Orthon clenched his fist. "When? I have no memory of ever having a child!"
Apollyon cocked his head. "Then why are you being so defensive about it?"
"Because you're accusing me!"
"More like stating facts. Who was it with hmm? What was her name?"
"You revolting pile of dung!" Orthon spat. "I never had a damn kid!"
Apollyon ignored his insult and kept padding closer to him. "You did. Venus is it? That's her name isn't it?"
Orthon lashed out with a fist that collided with Apollyon's jaw. His companions braced themselves forward but Apollyon held out a hand to halt them.
"Only a traitor would be this defensive. How old is she now? Where does she live? That cottage is obviously empty. Does she know you exist or know that your her father?"
Orthon gave a dangerous look and forced his feet into the soil to contain his anger. "Quit accusing me." his voice was dangerously low and quiet. Apollyon mocked his voice.
"Or what?"