C͓̽h͓̽a͓̽p͓̽t͓̽e͓̽r͓̽ 2͓̽5͓̽

The months went by smoothly and surely. The school year's end approached quicker than I'd expected. The year had been great. I'd passed and was getting ready for senior year after summer. It had been almost a year since the battle and they're still had been no sign of the Angels Or Demons. All had been peaceful. Me and Aidan planned on meeting this summer. Finally. It took some convincing but Sam and Dean agreed to let me go, very reluctantly, still somewhere unsure. I was getting older and could make my own decisions. I'd turned 17 in March and had grown so much. I'd become a better person. I'd been happier than I'd been in my entire life and life was good. I'd started helping out on almost every hunt with the Winchesters and I was becoming a stunning hunter myself. Sam and Dean didn't really like the idea of me becoming a hunter but it's what I wanted. I liked the idea of helping people. They argued that I am too young to hunt but I disagreed. I'd proven myself many times over and I wanted to continue their legacy after the brothers were gone even though that would hopefully be years from now. I'd been getting training from both of them and I was proving myself skillful.
Cas still occasionally visited and spent as much time with us as possible.

I'm glad that in my life, I was able to meet the Winchesters. I'd finally had a family after living alone for so long, trapped in my own broken body and never knowing if I was safe. Most nights had consisted of quiet loneliness with nightmares and me shifting in my uncomfortable bed in my cottage, usually freezing and waking up to not much food in my fridge. It was hard to survive ten years with only so much money I'd got from my parents before I fled after seeing their corpses all those years ago. I'd go hungry for several nights and have to drink dirty water. But all of that was in the past and all of that was behind me now.
I don't know if Apolloyon had taken the throne in Hell or who was leader now or if my father survived and I have no idea what happened to the Angels. Cas never shared that information.

Compared to my troubled past, now I had less worries. I had three loving men to care for me like fathers, and a warm bed to sleep in, and good food to eat, and people to call family, people who love me and care for me for me despite me being half Demon, the things they hunted. I proved that even monsters could do good in this world. The Winchesters had accepted me as one of their own and now I could rely on their warm embrace on my darkest days and allow myself to trust them with my life. We'd come so far since I met them. It all started with one hunt and now here we were, a happy family...

Me and the brothers had planned a vacation trip to the beach for the summer. They hadn't been to the beach since they were little kids and I don't remember ever going myself so we were all excited. This all felt unusual and strange but I was okay with that. Cas didn't want to come but he said he may pop up occasionally. I found it amusing, an Angel at the beach? How heavenly would that be?

Mid June rolled around rather quickly and promised scorching heat. We'd packed our bags a couple of nights ago and now I waited impatiently on this June morning as Sam and Dean were getting the last of the things ready. It would be a long trip to the beach. We were going to Florida. It would be a 25 hour drive. We were going to Miami from here in Lebanon Kansas. I'd suggested taking a plane but Dean did not like to fly and apparently that's why he drove everywhere.

Once everything was ready and packed, we loaded it into the car and began our long drive. We'd be staying at a motel tonight most likely but I was unsure. To be honest, I'd rather sleep in the Impala tonight than an old musty motel that has ugly colored walls, uncomfortable beds, and probably bed bugs.
The ride was slow. I'd brought one of my books and read until I felt car sick. Then I put earbuds in and listened to music as the world flashed by, sky blue and bright, white clouds dotting the sky. I listened to "Simple Man" by "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

"Mama told me when I was young
"Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this, it'll help you some sunny day, ah yeah"