Chapter One

Cole POV

Today was the day. After all the years of training and learning how to be a better Alpha in the packs of my father's closest Friends, I was Finally going home. I had Just graduated high school last week, and two months ago was my eighteenth birthday. That means I will be able to recognize my mate as long as she is of age too. I would never say it out loud but, I really was looking forward to meeting the person the moon Goddess reserved just for me. She wasn't in this pack, I think.

- Ready to get going? – Alpha Derek asked me. His pack was the furthest from home. It would be a two week trip to get me home, since we would be traveling by car.

-Yeah! I can't wait to be home and eat my mother's food. – Her food was what I missed most in the past three years.

-Always thinking of food, are ya? – Derek Laughed. I mean I'm only 6ft tall, I'm still growing, I need food.

-Now that you mention it, I'm gonna eat breakfast before we leave. – I tell him. As I make my way into the pack house kitchen, I run into Derek's son, Liam. He's the future Alpha of this pack and he and his father are the only ones who know who I really am. No one else in this pack knows I'm gonna be the Alpha of my father's pack, the Blue Moon Pack.

-Cole! I'm gonna miss ya, I won't lie – Liam Told me. He was one year older than me and that's why he was almost a foot taller than me. But he had stopped growing. I haven't. His father sent him to my pack to train also a few years back. That's when we met and became friends.

-Too bad you have to stay now that you'll soon be handed the title of Alpha – I said. Tradition says he gets to be Alpha as soon as he finds his mate, but he hasn't yet.

-Oh, you know that could take some time. I'm thinking about going on a tour to every pack to see if I can find my Mate. Would that make me desperate? – he chuckles at the end of his sentence. He had a flicker of sadness as he said this. I knew he also wanted a mate. I mean we're wolves, we're supposed to have them.

-Only if you start looking every unmated girl in the eye. – I tell him. If he was desperate, that meant I was too. I was not having that.

-Dude! Leave the charity case and let's go play! – Came a voice from behind us, in the hall towards the kitchen. Today was Saturday so Liam had a break of his soon to be Alpha duties. The guy who showed up was one of his pack friends, Ethan. He was mostly a jerk to anyone who wasn't in this pack. And to them, I'm just a familyless boy who needed a pack so he wouldn't go rogue. But now that I'm eighteen and finished high school, they think I'm being kicked out.

-Ethan, if you think you can be my beta, watch it. He's still in the pack, so stop being a dick. – Liam Told him. Liam always tried to keep them from messing with me. Not that I needed it. I was stronger than all his friends, I had alpha blood in me after all.

-Whatever, let's go – Ethan said as he walked out the kitchen's back door. Liam took a breakfast burrito from the table and headed out after him.

-Don't leave without saying good-bye – He told me as I filled a plate with food.

- I won't – I said stuffing my mouth with bacon.

As I was eating, a breeze came from the hallway and the most beautiful scent caught my nose. Strawberries and red fruits. My wolf got excited and my heart started beating fast. I swallowed the food in my mouth, hoping she wouldn't meet me this way. Why would she show up when I'm eating? When I looked to the door that came from the hallway, I saw her. Mate screamed my wolf in my head. It was Kara. The Beta ́s daughter. She was absolutely breathtaking. She was easily 5ft 8', and had shiny light brown hair that came straight down her back to her waist. She was wearing a white blouse and blue jeans that hugged her hips and her legs. God they were so long. I hadn't noticed before. She brought her hand to her beautiful soft face in surprise. I think her wolf also recognized mine. I met her dazzling light brown eyes and I swear I could hear my own heart in excitement. I got up from the kitchen table with a huge smile on my face and took two quick steps towards her. Her sweet scent made me smile even wider. I was about to caress her face when she took a step back.

-No! – She said. My heart dropped. What did she mean by no?

-I won't accept you. I... I ... - She was struggling to speak in that sweet melodic voice of hers. And my hand dropped before I could touch her face. She just said she won't accept me. What the hell?

-I, Kara Bedingfield, daughter of Beta Max Bedingfield, reject you Cole... - she paused for a moment. She was rejecting me and she didn't even know my fucking last name! I was Angry, she plain out rejected me. Not even giving me a chance. Did I even want one now?

- Blakesly – I told her, trying to keep my voice from breaking. I would never beg anyone for anything. That included my mate and the possibility of happiness. You Idiot! My wolf growled in my head. Don't you dare let her leave us!. But she already had made her decision. And I was too proud to ask her to stay.

-Blakesly, as my mate. – She finished. My heart felt as if it was literally breaking. And it took me a second to find my voice.

- I, Cole Blakesly, future Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack, accept your rejection, Kara Bedingfield. – And I felt a strong rupture in my chest. I swear I saw shock in her eyes before I walked around her to make my way out the door, up to my room.

I entered my room and saw my suitcase on my bed, half made. I walked to my private bathroom and grasped the sink. I would fall if I didn't. I looked up to see my green eyes watery. Was I crying? A huge hollowness invaded my chest and I felt the need to let out a howl in my pain. But I would not. I was Cole Fucking Blakesly. Future Alpha of Blue Moon. I would not let this break me. I had worked far too hard to be the Alpha my pack needed. I would find a chosen mate if I had to in order to be Alpha. But this would not bring me down. I opened the faucet and washed my face and my teeth as I tried to push the tears away and took one last look in the mirror. My eyes were no longer watery and I straightened my back. I finished packing my suitcase and went downstairs with it, towards the SUVs which would take me home.

-Cole! Wait up man! – I heard Liam catching up to me before I could climb in the SUV. I didn't want to face him. Or anyone for that matter. He grabbed my shoulder and hugged me while I just stood there.

-Dude, I hope I see you soon, we'll both be Alphas Hopefully. – He Said.

-Yeah, hopefully. – I Managed to say.

-Why the long face Cole? – Alpha Derek Showed Up, With Beta Max. God my chest was still hurting.

-Just gonna miss Martha's hash browns – I lied. And they all chuckled. I knew they didn't buy it. But they were decent enough to not push it. We said our good-byes and I got in the back of one of the SUVs. I was riding with Alpha Derek and two of his warriors. In front of us was another SUV with 3 warriors and on our tail a third one. Also, with three warriors. Beta Max stayed behind to keep the pack in order. As we were driving away, I saw the frame of a beautiful girl standing near the road, then falling on her knees. The windows were rolled down and I caught again the sweet scent of strawberries in my nose. I closed my eyes savoring it one last time. It sucked being rejected.