Chapter Thirty One

Cole POV.

Dreams of Mikaela and Kara invaded my night. Both accusing me of being a horrible person. Both breaking their bond with me. Both rejecting me. Nightmares is a better word.

I get up covered in sweat and head to the shower. Today is my first day as Alpha of this pack. If it weren't for the Moon Goddess sending me two mates, I'd be thrilled.

I go down to the pack house lobby and find already many people up. Some come to me and congratulate me again. Liam is there, with Beth.

- Cole, we'd love to stay for leftover day, but we can't. I know you understand. – He tells me. And I do understand. He needs to be at his territory with his pack now that we're on the edge of a war.

- I'd like a moment to speak about business. – Liam tells me. I agree and lead them to my new office.

- Kara will join us as well. – Liam adds. I can't help but clench my jaw a little, and try my best to loosen up, but the scent of strawberries fills the air and I can't do so. I link Thomas to get here as soon as possible.

We get to my office and I open the door for them. The lock is new; it just needs my fingerprint so it's quick for me to open. I stand holding the door, and close my eyes as Kara steps in. I stay at the door, waiting for Thomas to arrive and he does so very quickly.

I close the door behind me and make my way to the desk. Liam and Beth are both sitting. Kara is standing behind Beth with her hands crossed behind her. And Thomas stands to my right, same position as Kara.

- We have reasons enough to believe The King brothers will declare war. I need someone who can communicate to us what is going on in each pack that we are allied to. With your permission, I'd like for Kara to be stationed in your pack. – Liam gets to the point.

I look at Kara and her face is emotionless. Just like a soldier should be.

- Her duties? – I ask. I need to know what she'll be doing in my Pack, if she'll be a distraction.

- I ask for your permission to let her attend the councils regarding the threat of the King brothers, and to share the intel with me, she will only need access to the internet, she already has the equipment she'll need for such communication. If she has new information she will share it as well. I also ask for her to make use of your territory as a guest and to make use of the training grounds. – Liam says.

- How long? – I ask.

- We've estimated a period of a week. And we are open to receive a member of Blue Moon if you consider it appropriate. – He tells me.

I stay silent for a moment and link Thomas for his thoughts on this.

- We can't spare soldiers considering the closeness to Crescent Moon Territory, but we ask for your cooperation to let former member of Blue Moon Pack, Anne Lincoln to attend the councils regarding the Kings. With the same permission to communicate back and forth with us. – Thomas says.

I agree we need someone we trust better. Especially since I still don't trust Kara.

- Anne is not a member of my council. – Liam says.

- Kara is not a member of ours. She is not your Beta either. – I say. – We can't rely trust purely on the fact she's in your council and the sister of your Beta. We do not know her character. Anne will guarantee us the tie of blood considering her family is still part of our pack, and a friend to us.

I won't mention she was my closest female friend for a time, but I know I still trust her even if she's in another Pack. I can see Beth is talking to Liam through their link.